Offline 308

forgot to mention..wharf fee's in my case would have started on wed..car having arrived Fri so have avoided that costly expense!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Do you have a VASS guy arranged yet?????

I have some new info and details that will make things a lot  easier.
Just PM if you would like some help in this.

Offline 308

Do you have a VASS guy arranged yet?????

I have some new info and details that with make things a lot  easier.
Just PM if you would like some help in this.
Haven't arranged a VACC yet but Rowan carter in Richmond was mentioned..he charges $550
have pm'd you as any info is welcome!!!
cheers

Offline 308

had my tray truck driver turn up at webb dock yesterday at 2.15 pm with the required paperwork to pick up the 308..
well...the person there gets my driver to fill in paperwork,pay some $90 release fee and finally at 2.24 pm says.."guess i'll see you tomorrow then'
yep...they close at 2.30pm ...so my driver has to return 76kms empty handed and this morning had to go back during a 15min window of opportunity to pick up the 308!!!!
thankfully this time it's released and is now at Arthurs for a steam clean and inspection...
Of course i'm worried the water will end up in the engine so suggested they avoid the engine vents....
reply being not very helpful and the cleaner stating "she won't start anyone mate"
apparently the 308 has arrived with damage to the front spoiler and a fuse box half pulled out?? oh dear
oh yes..and the car won't be ready for a couple of days!!
so ..instead of dreaming of the drive home it's now almost certain to be home on a tilt tray..how inglorious !!
Cheers  :rolleyes:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
had my tray truck driver turn up at webb dock yesterday at 2.15 pm with the required paperwork to pick up the 308..
well...the person there gets my driver to fill in paperwork,pay some $90 release fee and finally at 2.24 pm says.."guess i'll see you tomorrow then'
yep...they close at 2.30pm ...so my driver has to return 76kms empty handed and this morning had to go back during a 15min window of opportunity to pick up the 308!!!!
thankfully this time it's released and is now at Arthurs for a steam clean and inspection...
Of course i'm worried the water will end up in the engine so suggested they avoid the engine vents....
reply being not very helpful and the cleaner stating "she won't start anyone mate"
apparently the 308 has arrived with damage to the front spoiler and a fuse box half pulled out?? oh dear
oh yes..and the car won't be ready for a couple of days!!
so ..instead of dreaming of the drive home it's now almost certain to be home on a tilt tray..how inglorious !!
Cheers  :rolleyes:

wow...congratulations and commiserations all in one! getting there though.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

They don't really care much down at Arthurs, they steam clean everything, even if windows are down, etc.
They will probably do the engine bay as well.   :?

That's a real bugger. I bet the front spoiler damage was done by the flat tray winch cable.  :mad:

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Gees - you seem to be going thru a mini hell. 

The steam cleaning is a money scam.  If the car was prepared prior to departure then should not need re-cleaning.  I was onsite for all the inspections - which saved a lot of extra hassle.  From wharf to my garage to from memory 4 business days.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline 308

you really do learn how to be patient because you have no power to hurry things up....I gathered Arthurs don't care as initially they wanted to move the 308 by straddle crane !!!! :doh: :eek:
being 76 odd kms away means it's hard to just pop over to inspect...
Hope that there isn't too much wrong with the fuse box and I can get it running easily...we shall see
steam cleaning def a money spinner @ $100/hr and they will never quote you on estimated cost..expecting a bill of $500.... :mad:
roll on delivery!! hopefully by Friday latest..

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Gee Mondi
the truck pick up and clean was a bit rich!!! $770...oh dear...do hope it's cleaned well in the UK!!!

So for that sort of money, it should came back fully detailed.  :mad:

A Straddle crane hey, Hmmmmmm, does not surprise me. I saw them moving around a Porsche with a Fork lift once, cos' the keys were not left with the car and it was locked. But it was OK, cos' they used old tyres so not to damage the body work. But it left big black marks all over the paint.     :faint:

Oh, sorry. Maybe I should have told you that story after you got it home.   :eek:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Gees - you seem to be going thru a mini hell. 

The steam cleaning is a money scam.  If the car was prepared prior to departure then should not need re-cleaning.  I was onsite for all the inspections - which saved a lot of extra hassle.  From wharf to my garage to from memory 4 business days.

How long ago did you go thru your import(can't remember if you already said)????  If it was a while ago, they did let you onsite to keep an eye on things, but now days they will not let you in the gate unless you have clearance to be there. This means that it is pretty hard to keep an eye on what's happening.  This has only been the case since Terrorism caused all those problems.

Someone should blow Terrorists up.    :boom: