Offline tilly1

Can anyone recomend a company to handle the freight and customs formalities for importing a F430 ? and once you have a clearance ( personal Import ) to do an import how long is the form valid for ? Have owned car abroad for 5 years.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Can anyone recomend a company to handle the freight and customs formalities for importing a F430 ? and once you have a clearance to do a import how long is the form valid for ?

can only be done as a personal import... ie you must live at, and use the car, at the point of origin.

Cannot be imported otherwise, unless under carnet for temporary use.

360 is the newest RAWS applicable "general" import Ferrari. oh, or 550/575.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

360 is the newest RAWS applicable "general" import Ferrari. oh, or 550/575.

Steal my thunder!!!!    :?

• Soap Dodger

Steal my thunder!!!!    :?

mate..... MATE...... I get that many enquiries along these lines lately I'm like one of the pull string toys...

if 1% of the enquiries led to anything happening I wouldn't mind!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

mate..... MATE...... I get that many enquiries along these lines lately I'm like one of the pull string toys...

if 1% of the enquiries led to anything happening I wouldn't mind!

Tell me about it............

Why do people ring a Mustang importer about Ferrari's??????    :confused: :doh:

• Soap Dodger

Tell me about it............

Why do people ring a Mustang importer about Ferrari's??????    :confused: :doh:

both have horses on their badges???

:tilt:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I only found out that 430's can't come in under sevs/raws last night. What is the reason for this? Isn't the 430 a low volume import anymore or something?
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I only found out that 430's can't come in under sevs/raws last night. What is the reason for this? Isn't the 430 a low volume import anymore or something?

* Edit * the 430 does not appear on the SEVS list which means that no one has registered it to go on the list. Anyone can do that, just need to follow the correct procedure.

How do I find out if a vehicle is eligible under SEVS?

Firstly check if the vehicle is listed on the SEVS Register. If the vehicle is listed on the register it is eligible under SEVS (though there may be conditions). If the vehicle is not listed on the SEVS Register you will need to download the administrators circular 0-2-12 on eligibility and the eligibility request form. Read the administrators circular and fill-in the eligibility request form. Having done this you should have a fair idea of whether the vehicle is eligible or not. If you believe it is eligible you can then submit your request form to RVCS.

The SEVS is a list of eligible cars that can be imported under this scheme. Even if a car is on the SEVS, it does not mean it can be imported.

There much be a RAWS for that vehicle for it to be imported:

What is a RAW (Registered Automotive Workshop)?

A RAW is a Workshop that is especially licensed by the Federal Department of Transport and Regional Services (DoTaRS) to fit Used Import Plates to complied imported Used Vehicles. A RAW must comply with all Federal, State and Local Laws.
Examples:
   1. If in your State you need to be a state registered workshop to do the RAW work of fitting brake pads, then you must register as a state workshop.
   2. If a license from the EPA is required for the storage of waste oil, you need to obtain that licence.

Quality Assurance
A RAW must operate under an ISO 9001-2000 Quality System that also meets the requirements of JAS-ANZ procedure 24. This requires you to include in the scope of your Quality System certain items that DoTaRS require.

Vehicle-by-Vehicle Evidence Approval System
The RAW compliance process is a "Vehicle by Vehicle" approval system. This means that you purchase your first vehicle and obtain the evidence for that vehicle, then comply it in accordance with the evidence and the compliance criteria in the legislation and submit a Vehicle Inspection Certificate (VIC). When the vehicle and evidence is examined by officers of DoTaRS and is found to be OK, you have that vehicle added to your RAWS schedule and may apply for a Used Import Plate for that vehicle only. You may then bring in more vehicles of the same Make and Model, but must ensure that you have evidence to cover any variations that may exist between that vehicle and the first one. For example, the Nissan R33 Skyline is available as 2 door and 4 door. These vehicles have different lights, seats, locks, etc. If you have evidence for a 2 door, and then you bring in another vehicle that is a 4 door, then you must obtain evidence to cover all the different items. If the vehicle is not stock standard to factory specifications in all respects, the cost of evidence for the non-standard items may be extremely expensive.

What are the differences between RAWS and Low-Volume New?

The RAW Scheme is for Used Imports, Low Volume New is for New Vehicles allowing up to 25 or 100 vehicles per annum per category. Both schemes require the vehicle to be listed on the SEVS Register in order for it to be eligible to import. However, please note that being listed on the SEVS Register does not mean that the vehicle is capable of being complied to Australian Design Rules or that anyone has obtained a licence to comply them.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
so can a  430 ever get on the Sevs list? and can a Raw workshop be approved to do a 430? I'm curious as to why it isn't on the lists in the first place...
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!