Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

... and leaking targa tops, sticky interior components, tissue thin paint, randomly breaking slow power windows, door locks/pins breaking and overheating rear lamps melting the brittle plastic covers.

Apart from that, and the expoding gearbox Phil mentioned they're great.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
wrong about parts. All OE ferrari parts are easily identified, cats etc have tags and labels permanently welded on. it's very easy.

and NO< cars must be EXACTLY std in every way. No mods at all.

But of course, YES, obviously cars get complied then re-modified.

I know what you mean but it doesn't happen that way, my R33 was complied with cat back- 3.5 inch exhaust, unshielded pod filter, no gear knob, no gear selector indicator, aftermarket body kit (not a fully sick one lol) and aftermarket wheels. And I was well aware of the compliance rules and even questioned the compliance guys about it, they said not to worry about it, they rarely reject any cars with mild mods... this was in 2007, not sure how it is now, but a Lambo compliance place recently told me that the blue GT3 style gallardo I posted on the previous page would only get rejected because the front wheel gaurds might be too wide, they said the rest is fine including the suspension, brakes ect.... not to mention there isn't 10cm clearance underneath  :doh:

Maybe they are more strict in Vic?????

Now the R33  is even less road worthy lol with a list among many others including a de-cat, still haven't been taken to the pits or EPA even though it spits flames out the exhaust when i'm fanging it (really should get a propper tune done, i'm sure there is more power to be had by a good dyno tune, but I don't want the backfire and grumbling to go away, bloody rich running nissan ECU's), you just have to learn not to give it heaps over the weekend, during double demerits, avoid certain areas of Sydney or when highway patrol is watching you lol.

I know that it is meant to be stock standard in theory to get compliance, but in practice it is another story.
Enjoying Life!!!!

• Soap Dodger

I don't think I want to be a Ferrari owner any more................

..................Oh, wait......................

I'm not..............  :nana:

LIAR!

Every time you see a Ferrari, ESPECIALLY while out driving the S4s (it the ever decreasing windows of opportunity where it actually works), you'll think to yourself.... I WISH I had a Ferrari.....

don't fight it mate, it's human nature..... even a mondial will do... did you see the one at the Monza F1 race... at the marshal post? mondi QV she was... ace :thumbsup:

• Soap Dodger

I know that it is meant to be stock standard in theory to get compliance, but in practice it is another story.

the rules are the rules.

if the compliance engineer gets a defect he gets a BIG fine

and YOU could get the car confiscated.

It's illegal to do lots of things, doesn't mean they don't get done, but rules is rules.

I made some enquiries today, I have a 1971 italian super exotic to be done, a 1973 one too, and a 1988 german poached egg thing..... I've got all the rules and regs for VASS fresh today for those years.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

Cough cough it was a 348tb at Monza cough cough

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

the rules are the rules.

if the compliance engineer gets a defect he gets a BIG fine

and YOU could get the car confiscated.

It's illegal to do lots of things, doesn't mean they don't get done, but rules is rules.

I made some enquiries today, I have a 1971 italian super exotic to be done, a 1973 one too, and a 1988 german poached egg thing..... I've got all the rules and regs for VASS fresh today for those years.

Can't get confiscated, it has already been issued a compliance plate and been inspected by the RTA (vic roads) which implies that at the time of inspection the car was satisfactory. It isn't the raws workshop that  gets in trouble becuase they just get the car ready for compliance spec, it is up to the RTA to say if it has reached the standard, if it has been passed then the raws workshop no longer has any resposibility of the car, any issues with compliance from that point on is the RTA's problem and if it was found that there were people in the RTA being dodgey or being lazy, then the RTA would have to either pay for a new compliance (has never happend before) or would have to reimburse the purchase price of the car (definately will never happen).

I have spoken to the head Compliance officer in Canberra in depth about it over the phone, he assured me if a car already has compliance, there is no legal way to have that compliance as being void (unless there are illegal things on the car or if there is rust ect.... and that is only a temporary void, it can never perminately loose it's compliance).
I also spoke to him about legally not having to put a front numberplate if the car doesn't have a provision for it. His response was "it is part of compliancing to have an area to mount a numberplate on the front and rear NO EXCEPTIONS!!!"
So technically my 360 and many others around that don't have a mount of some sort for a front number plate are technically not complied as per ADR standards.  :doh:

Talk about a can of worms  :waah:
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

the rules are the rules.

1988 german poached egg thing.....

sorry i'm not in with the slang,  do you mean a porka/over priced beetle?
Enjoying Life!!!!

• Soap Dodger

there was a Mondial at a marshal post. The 348 is always there, it was donated by Ferrari years ago as a back up course car of some kind..

Take something for that cough!

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
ESPECIALLY while out driving the S4s (it the ever decreasing windows of opportunity where it actually works),

Do I detect bitterness at the fact that every time you see my S4s your drop your lip 'cause you don't own it yourself? :mischief:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
it was a mondial qv, well the one i saw. it was in the background on the right.
there may have been a 348 somewhere else, but i did not see it
Everything looks better in carbon fibre