Offline t3rry

Hello everyone

this pome is coming to live melbourne full time and i want to bring my mondial 8 (1981) with me. The car still needs some rust spots done and a new lick of paint, but the engine etc is 100%, thanks to Kent High Performance in Maidstone uk, they have done a great job so far. ive had the car for 9 years, and is a on going project, i want to bring it over in about september, but should i get the body work done in the uk or wait until i get to Melbourne. i will also be looking for a garage that will continue to look after the car for services etc........... so whos the best in melbourne...... and thanks for taking time to read this

regards

Terry

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Ash, looks like it may be time to put together that "cheat sheet" to save on repeating info in these threads all the time.  :scratchchin:

Offline dkabab

not to be against the whole idea, but i would think it would be cheaper to sell it and buy one here... what could you sell it for over there?

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Get everything done in the UK Terry.  The guys at Kent High Performance know what they're doing as they do so many compared to here in Oz.

Get the car revalued by them while they're at it, otherwise you'll be importing the car at your original  purchase price, which would be bad.

Won't cost too much to import due to the cars low UK purchase cost in todays terms.

but i would think it would be cheaper to sell it and buy one here...

The car is now part of the family.  Inseparable
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I agree with simon... get KHPC to bring the car right up to date, and re-value it.

It's really not worth bringing here IMO from a financial perspective. The import costs are simply too high IMO and the stigma of an import is just too much to be bothered with on a car that was sold here anyway..... But if you love it that much, then the heart rules I guess....

I worked at KHPC from 1987 to 1994, and dad's been there in sales since 2001 or 02 I think it is?  :thumbsup:

Quirky fact... when I worked at KHPC, there would never be a week without a Mondial in the workshop... but since I've been here in Oz, I've only repaired/serviced 2 Mondials!

Where are they all?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Quirky fact... when I worked at KHPC, there would never be a week without a Mondial in the workshop... but since I've been here in Oz, I've only repaired/serviced 2 Mondials!

Where are they all?

They just don't break!!!!!!    :fap:

But seriously, just look at the "for sales". There are more Mondials for sale than anything else and never seem to sell.

Some other guys have said the same thing, one even said he has never had one in the workshop, ever.  :confused:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

Where are they all?

they're all for sale, and while they are, the owners don't want to dump even MORE money into them.

same with GT4s....i know of broken ones and i know of badly maintained ones. Why?  because spending $10k on a car worth $20k just doesn't excite many people.

personally, i love doing it!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
13 Mondials listed on carpoint at the moment, pick a colour any colour :rolleyes:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

13 Mondials listed on carpoint at the moment, pick a colour any colour :rolleyes:

Wow!!!  $85K for an 88 Mondial!!!!

Lets see, mine is an import so take 10% off for that............so let's say $77k?!?!!?!?

WOW, cool, so I should be able to sell mine for $77k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fap: