Offline franks

If it's the car of your dreams and you plan to keep and enjoy, then do it.  It's a cheap alternative to buying one locally here in Oz.  The personal import route and compliancing is very straight forward.  Just make sure you've owned it for 12 months prior to sticking in the app to Canberra.

it certainly is a cheap alternative! with the offer on a modena starting at 35k, but realistically a decent one will be high 30's, that equates to a new Subaru Liberty back home! but then factor in import duty, gst, LCT and onroads, it'd probably be on the road for AUD$100K?

begs the question though, why do imports go for 20% or even lower to the Oz market?
will a ferrari dealership in Oz touch your car if its an import?
are ppl scared of its history?
are there massive differences between the Oz delivered modena to the Euro spec?
warranty is probably the biggest but you wouldnt get warranty buying privately anyway - unless it still had manufacturers.

the mrs and i are over here for another 3 years, we could bring back 2 cars a year between the two of us. anyone want a cheap ferrari!!! delivery in a year to beat the compliancing costs!

Offline tilly1

hi wolf,

firstly congrats on your purchase it looks stunning!!!

i'm really interested in the costs you'll be incurring bringing it back to oz? i totally understand if you dont want to undulge in such information publicly - its just that i'm currently living in the UK for a while and seriously considering importing one myself!

apologies in advance if ive turned this into a "how much does it cost to import" thread!!!

could anyone please explain what base cost on a ferrari would be used for determining the duties and how does one get a 430 up to  Aussie specs, anybody know who could help me inSydney with bringing in a car i have owned for 4yrs - help