Offline Ruskee

Hello chaps

I'm looking for a 360 coupe as a prospective first time Ferrari owner.

Has anyone had any dealings with these guys? I'm in Newcastle and have no knowledge of the probity of Victorian dealers.

http://www.lorbek.com.au/our_cars/view/lorbek_used_cars/1999_Ferrari_360_MODENA_Black_6_Speed_Manual_F1_Shift_Coupe/6360073/

Cheers

Offline myfazzman1

• Be prepared.Improvise, Adapt and overcome

Lorbeks been around the prestige car game as an independent used dealer for over 20 years.....

IMHO this car is overpriced by 20k or so....given nothing is moving at the moment, a good time to play "screw the dealer down"!

360's with F1 are big $ when tranny goes wrong....6 speed manual much cheaper to maintain and more a "drivers car" as well.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
lorbek has been discussed on this forum a number of times
I cant recall there being any overly negative comments

I bought my previous car off him and he was quite helpful

He is also famous for having his lamborghini stolen by bikies and then abandoned down the street

Offline Ruskee

Thanks thats very helpful.

Yes I would prefer a manual if I can find a good one.

Very funny about the Bikies pinching his Lambo!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Lorbeks been around the prestige car game as an independent used dealer for over 20 years.....

IMHO this car is overpriced by 20k or so....given nothing is moving at the moment, a good time to play "screw the dealer down"!

360's with F1 are big $ when tranny goes wrong....6 speed manual much cheaper to maintain and more a "drivers car" as well.

How funny that you talk down the price of a car! I got into trouble when I did that.

You're probably right though, just like I was.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
F1 shift 360 CAN cost a lot of money if F1 kit gives problems, but actually now almost all the parts are available at sensible prices.

Just on the weekend a customer had a hose failure. Local hose repairer made the hose up overnight and it was installed and bled in just a few hours. No big deal at all.

In fact, the week before last I tried to order a manual car shift cable that had been damaged by shoddy workmanship elsewhere... and THAT price scared me right off a manual car!

Having said that, f1 shift 360s are just awkward to drive at slow speeds and parking etc... so it's for THAT reason I'd prefer manual, not for cost of maintenance.

Offline lukep6470

WRT to your Manual cable.  My wife had a shifter cable snap in her MGF a few years back and I took it to Flexible Drive agencies in Brisbane and they recored it for under $100. 

If you take your cable to a similar place in VIC with all the pieces I'm sure they could do the same thing.

Offline schmik325

Thats been for sale for a while and from what I can see in the pics the rims are not Genuine CS rims.

They may not even be BBS, but copies. They always have 4-5 page ads in Unique cars magazine and all their used cars have knock off rims.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
WRT to your Manual cable.  My wife had a shifter cable snap in her MGF a few years back and I took it to Flexible Drive agencies in Brisbane and they recored it for under $100. 

If you take your cable to a similar place in VIC with all the pieces I'm sure they could do the same thing.

Correct, they can be repaired. But as ever with Ferrari, there's always some kind of awkward aspect to the repair... weird fitting, unusual thread, non standardised dimension etc...

Would you be happy with a repaired cable if someone broke yours?