Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Cmon guys the F430 is miles better than the 360. Drives better, feels better and the rest.

Sorry but I have been through 355, 360 and F430 currently so I know the difference.

Now 458 is another story.

Go the F430 for sure even with the extra 100K.

It depens how you define better....

is a 360 better than a Dino? Or an F40.... It could be argued it drives better... but is it a better car?

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Cmon guys the F430 is miles better than the 360. Drives better, feels better and the rest.

Sorry but I have been through 355, 360 and F430 currently so I know the difference.

Now 458 is another story.

Go the F430 for sure even with the extra 100K.
430 changes gears better/quicker, that's about it......still a single clutch like the 360......still same steering parts.....same same, only newer......oh, and a push button that you need a key to activate.....not worth 100k more IMO
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
430 changes gears better/quicker, that's about it......still a single clutch like the 360......still same steering parts.....same same, only newer......oh, and a push button that you need a key to activate.....not worth 100k more IMO

There's a ship load more than that.

The push button thing was a dumb idea though.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline ferrarista2

There's a ship load more than that.

The push button thing was a dumb idea though.
Mechanically and coach work is very similar......defiantly more refined, but very similar....
Push button is ridiculous....again, only my opinion......

Offline 355Aussie

No its not just that. There is a lot more that is better. Worth the 100K extra IMO and definately far superior to the 360 just like the 458 is far superior to the 430 and so forth.

Every one is entitled to their own opinion but I would rather have a F430 over a 360 even at 100K more any day.

Offline Aircon

Mechanically and coach work is very similar......defiantly more refined, but very similar....
Push button is ridiculous....again, only my opinion......

Mechanically they're very different, actually.

First, it's a huge jump in engine capacity for a Ferrari model change.....I don't think there's been such a big jump with the V8s before, has there? And the big bonus was the chain cam drive instead of belts. Also a huge jump in power and torque.

I also found the 430 gearbox to be much faster and smoother, but then the 360 I drove was an early one, and there have been software updates since.

as they say, YMMV, but to me, it's well worth the $$$$, not that there's anything wrong with a 360.

Offline 355Aussie

I forgot. Coachwork is VERY different.

F430 looks amazing. 360 looking a little dated in the dash pod area.

Again depends what your taste is and of course the dollars involved.

The main issue with the 360 is the volume of cars and the amount of imports.

I don't care between import or Aussie delivered myself but you have to admit it has impacted the market on resale etc.

Offline ferrarista2

No its not just that. There is a lot more that is better. Worth the 100K extra IMO and definately far superior to the 360 just like the 458 is far superior to the 430 and so forth.

Every one is entitled to their own opinion but I would rather have a F430 over a 360 even at 100K more any day.
Yes, me too...I would prefer a 430......but Is it worth double a 360??? Answer to most is no.
Might be worth 2 x 348 or 355, but not a 360....not now or not ever, they are too close in looks and build

Offline Aircon

Yes, me too...I would prefer a 430......but Is it worth double a 360??? Answer to most is no.
Might be worth 2 x 348 or 355, but not a 360....not now or not ever, they are too close in looks and build

well, is a 360 worth 20 x 1960 VW beetles? It just doesn't work like that. Is a 458 worth 4 x 360s? Is a 458 worth $150k more than a McLaren? Obviously some think so!

Offline ferrarista2

I forgot. Coachwork is VERY different.

F430 looks amazing. 360 looking a little dated in the dash pod area.

Again depends what your taste is and of course the dollars involved.

The main issue with the 360 is the volume of cars and the amount of imports.

I don't care between import or Aussie delivered myself but you have to admit it has impacted the market on resale etc.
Line up 100 people and ask them which is which.....not many could tell you the difference between the two....we know because we own them, 90% of people would have no idea.....