Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Cruising around the cafe strips would make you wonder what the fuss was about.
I agree......but I love the cafe life....I especially love driving and parking out the front of the cafe whilst sipping my latte and pointing out to people, 'that's my car'
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline ferrarista2

At last someone that knows what he is talking about!!!

Especially on the track they are a weapon compared to a 360 but then the scud is heaven on top of the 430.

I spend the extra $$$$'s to enjoy the next generation and so forth.
Am I missing something here??
When did you ever drive a 360 on the track?
When have you ever owned a 360??
You made a massive leap from the 355 to the 430, but I have never seen you in a 360 on road or on track.

Offline ferrarista2

I have owned both models, the 430 is a big leap ahead of the 360 in every significant area. It has way better Aero, vastly more sophisticated electronic stability and traction controls, e-diff, better brakes, faster F1 shifts, more power etc, etc. The difference is greater than you would expect from the usual Ferrari mid life cycle upgrade ala 550/575 etc.
That being said, you probably wouldn't notice unless you drove your cars reasonably hard on the open roads or on the race track.
Agreed, and most of these points have been covered.....I have driven both hard on the road, but not been lucky to drive a 430 on the track yet.....430 takes the driver error out of handling providing you leave the steering wheel setting on safe mode, where the 360 gets a little twitchy and nervous sometimes.....depends on the drive you want.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Am I missing something here??
When did you ever drive a 360 on the track?
When have you ever owned a 360??
You made a massive leap from the 355 to the 430, but I have never seen you in a 360 on road or on track.

You must have been asleep.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline ferrarista2

Offline Aircon

:clap:
Nice one

Too subtle? Sorry...I was still half asleep. He bought a new 360 to replace the 355ch and did a few track days during his ownership.

I think the lap times were about the same as his 355ch, which is pretty good. Apart from Calder, where he was faster in the 360.

Offline Aircon

I agree......but I love the cafe life....I especially love driving and parking out the front of the cafe whilst sipping my latte and pointing out to people, 'that's my car'

Yes...I do that too. I don't see the problem with it!

My Café of choice is still Sienna on Chapel St. I might go there today, actually. I hope I get stuck behind a tram, then more people get to look at my car....and me, of course.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I have owned both models, the 430 is a big leap ahead of the 360 in every significant area. It has way better Aero, vastly more sophisticated electronic stability and traction controls, e-diff, better brakes, faster F1 shifts, more power etc, etc. The difference is greater than you would expect from the usual Ferrari mid life cycle upgrade ala 550/575 etc.
That being said, you probably wouldn't notice unless you drove your cars reasonably hard on the open roads or on the race track. Cruising around the cafe strips would make you wonder what the fuss was about.

I think you're comparing extremes and evolutions.

For  starters the first 430s had the exact same brakes as 360s. And 360 stradales have better brakes than early 430s. 360 stradales also have better aero than all 430s except scuderias....

You see my point?

Late 360 are better than early 360s. Late 360s are also better than early 430s up to a point.

So... its not correct to simply say 430s are better than 360s..... some indeed many are. But its not a blanket sweeping factual point.

Offline Aircon

I drove one of the last 360s and the very first 430. IMO the difference was enormous. More power, better sound, better handling, better interior, better gearbox (significantly), more comfortable.....and I even prefer the styling.

I think anyone who says different has a 360 for sale! :)

HOWEVER, part of the discussion was "is it worth the $$$$$ difference"......the market seems to think so, as I said before.

Offline app

That being said, you probably wouldn't notice unless you drove your cars reasonably hard on the open roads or on the race track. Cruising around the cafe strips would make you wonder what the fuss was about.

All due respect, aren't you comparing a 360 with a F430 Scud as opposed to a F430?