Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
What are you paying for your insurance? I got a quote from Shannon’s for adding a 360 onto my block vehicle policy, fully comp for me and Mrs Race as named drivers, low mileage 5K per year, salvage rights guaranteed write off value $120K
Came in at $1,120.00 or laid up cover $581.00 for the year, I’m happy with that. Nice one Shannon’s  :thumbsup:

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

What are you paying for your insurance? I got a quote from Shannon’s for adding a 360 onto my block vehicle policy, fully comp for me and Mrs Race as named drivers, low mileage 5K per year, salvage rights guaranteed write off value $120K
Came in at $1,120.00 or laid up cover $581.00 for the year, I’m happy with that. Nice one Shannon’s  :thumbsup:
thats cheap as chips.

Offline barra

I was paying about 5g when I was 23, by 24 went down to $1233. No named drivers, unlimited kms. Insured for 130k.
Shannanigans won't touch me.  I wouldn't go there anyway.  I've only had rubbish dealings with them. They try to hire 'car enthusiasts' but the problem is the people I've dealt with have all been narrow minded dumb asses who don't understand insurance.  And I always get accused of not being a car enthusiast just because I'm not in a car club.

Offline the360

Who did you end up going with barra?

Shannons are no good for me either.

Offline barra

I'm with just cars. No one else would touch me. I'd never had a comprehensive policy before which all these clowns thought was a negative.  I think its a good sign that with the 30+ cars and couple sports bikes I'd had prior I always had the confidence in my abilities to self insure (always had 3rd party property).
Just card said no but after 6+ weeks of negotiating and me disecting what was policy and what was a guideline and challenging definitions I was able to secure a policy.
Who are you with?

Offline the360

Offline BAFTOZ

• Drives: 2005 Ferrari 360 Spider
  • Name: Elvir
Im With Lumley Special vehicles, paying $1250, Mate just got an 01 Modena he got quoted $1350. Nobody else was interested except Just car but they came in at over 3k.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I know someone who recently got a covernote on a 2008 Gallardo superleggera for $2300\year with RACV (NRMA) so a 360 should be considerably less, worth looking again at NRMA, when was your policy last reviewed???

Nrma $3200 way to expensive
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline the360

I know someone who recently got a covernote on a Gallardo for $2300\year with RACV (NRMA) so a 360 should be considerably less, worth looking again at NRMA, when was your policy last reviewed???

Been with them for about 7 years never had a claim, if the car is financed it's about $3500 with $2000 excess fee.

Last time i spoke to them probably about 3 months ago they told me the gallardo insurance costs more + you need a tracker fitted to them but not with a ferrari, i'll give them a buzz tommorow.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Been with them for about 7 years never had a claim, if the car is financed it's about $3500 with $2000 excess fee.

Last time i spoke to them probably about 3 months ago they told me the gallardo insurance costs more + you need a tracker fitted to them but not with a ferrari, i'll give them a buzz tommorow.

I#ve never heard of a tracker being forced on a car in Australia for insurance,

On my cars in Europe they are all compulsory to have the tracker fitted before insurance covers anything. The tracker records EVERYTHING!!!!!!  You can log in to your insurance account and it shows you all the information of your driving habbits, distances, speeds, how long you drive for, what G's you hit while braking accelerating cornering, throttle and break position.   I mainly log in just to see what top speeds I reach on the Autobahns in Germany and the Autostradas in Italy.

Ofcorse insurance will know how you were driving leading up to an incident (so obviously if you have an option not to use the tracker, then do it)
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!