Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Has anyone else noticed how few Ferraris are being advertised? Apart from 46 360s, there's very little....and no 246 Dinos, no boxers, no daytonas....weird.

Only 3 x 365s http://tinyurl.com/mkbh455 and one 330 and 250.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
Has anyone else noticed how few Ferraris are being advertised? Apart from 46 360s, there's very little....and no 246 Dinos, no boxers, no daytonas....weird.

Only 3 x 365s http://tinyurl.com/mkbh455 and one 330 and 250.

Good time for you to sell Old Blue. 

Offline Ferrariadvocates

So true, most of the older Ferrari models are under appreciated. Perhaps a lot of the people that own the sort of cars that you've mentioned just want to keep them.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I know of 12 Boxers and 4 Daytonas and about a dozen Dinos that are for sale. Not all my customers cars either.

But the owners all want "bubble" money, so they'll only be offered to uk/retail buyers. Not Aussie low ballers.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I know of 12 Boxers and 4 Daytonas and about a dozen Dinos that are for sale. Not all my customers cars either.

But the owners all want "bubble" money, so they'll only be offered to uk/retail buyers. Not Aussie low ballers.
Friend has been looking at the GK "Fiat" 365 GT4 2+2.Lovely car,price needs to come down and it should sell.

I see Hexagon Classics in London have 2 of Rusty F's old cars for sale...the Dino and the Daytona.
www.hexagonclassics.com

Offline dkabab

where exactly do they advertise them?

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

where exactly do they advertise them?
word of mouth.example one left here several months ago (275) never advertised here,sold overseas for just over $3 million,locals won't pay the prices,so owners just go to dealers overseas and sell them via local brokers.

i can see all the 275's in Australia,leaving here before the "bubble burst" ..if and when it does happen.

Overseas there is a lot of wealthy people,wanting 275s,in fact more are wanting them then what is available .

Offline dkabab

sure $3m cars i understand, but boxers and daytonas are what, mid hundreds and im sure there are plenty around

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

sure $3m cars i understand, but boxers and daytonas are what, mid hundreds and im sure there are plenty around
i don't think you would get a Daytona for under 450k and BB365's are well over 200k with carby BB512s nudging 200k.
Comes back to supply and build numbers in RHD ie

RHD Daytona's #158

RHD BB365's    # 86

RHD  BB512's   #101

so there rare cars in RHD form.

In the UK at the moment ,the markets is strong.

example replica Ferrari models like GTO's,TRs,250SWB ext...being bought in the USA and in turn are selling in the UK for the equal in pounds.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

Maybe the older stuff is scarce, but there are plenty of 360's out there. Probably a few less than same time last year but still plenty. I tend to think all this stuff is for sale all the time, you just have to ask and negotiate. My boats not for sale, but I would sell it.

F430's were a bit thin for a while with mainly tossers wanting $250k for a 2006 model with 30,ooo clicks on it. Some of the asking prices by dealers make me laugh. But maybe they have some gun salesmen. Would not work on me. I can say NO in 7 languages including Chinese.

You have to get real if you want to sell. A 2008 Red/Tan F430 in good nick with sub 20K on the clock is about $210,000 if you are realistic about moving it. Ask $240,000 and you will still be there in 12 months and it will then be worth less. Ask $220k and sell it for around $210k in less than 6 weeks. As the Meerkat says "seemple".

I read a report about a year ago about the price people put on their houses, and their justification for their price. The guy doing the report was some Physc guy doing some PHD or similar. He narrowed it down to the fact they thought their house was worth more because it was "theirs". Now that is amazing!

It's a great question to ask someone - "why do you think your F430 is worth $240,000? when the current wholesale price is $185,000". Now they will know that, as they have already tried to sell it to a dealer and had a minor heart attack when they were told the price. The dumbness of smart people often leaves me speechless.

Now plenty of people out there will go "no-way, you will buy them much cheaper than that"...blah...blah. But if you want a really neat, low Km, straight well cared for car then you will pay a little bit more, but it will be better "value". I usually find that value for money is better than cheap.

:doh: