Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

The older Ferrari market is interesting..

My thinking re Daytona,275,BBs and the other models.In the local market.

275s have gone through the roof with certain types selling for over 3 million,most models are now over 2 million...perhaps a 50% increase in the last 3 years?

Daytona..450k plus but in real terms are selling for not much more then they were worth 3 years ago

BBs,the 365s are moving along well and are chased and the 512 carby cars have increase but not enough to say wow.

The GTC 365/330s have gone through the roof ....only because of the games brokers were playing with them overseas ie selling amongst each other at auctions.

The 365GTC/4 have increase well in value in the last 18 months  and were under valued compared to the Daytona and should be at least 50% of the value of a similar Daytona.

250GTE are strong in value as they should be due to there limited amount that have survived.

While the 330 2 plus 2 cars have moved ie local car could be bought for say 100k 2 years ago,suspect that cars value would now be 150k?

The question is how long will it last and will it go bang soon or not ect ect.

If i was selling a car local,I'd be on the phone to certain brokers about selling it overseas to the UK or contacting the known dealers in the UK..ie JD classics and or Hexagon classics.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Was told today of another GTC,that has been sold and is heading overseas......ouch.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
Perhaps the most true comment i have ever read on a car forum......exact no one could care less,what there driving .

Its a very expensive way of impressing someone ,you perhaps don't even know.Or who could careless .

Yep, very well used saying of mine

Buying things you don't need,
with money you don't have to impress people you don't like.

I laugh at a lot of the late 20 to mid 40 tossers out there driving new Audi's, Beemers, Benz's etc.
They think they are sooooo cool.
Most of them are in hock to their eyeballs and would be FUBARED in an instant if they lost their job.
What was it that Donald Rumsfeld said.... "they don't know that they don't know".

:faint:

Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS

Yep, very well used saying of mine

Buying things you don't need,
with money you don't have to impress people you don't like.

I laugh at a lot of the late 20 to mid 40 tossers out there driving new Audi's, Beemers, Benz's etc.
They think they are sooooo cool.
Most of them are in hock to their eyeballs and would be FUBARED in an instant if they lost their job.
What was it that Donald Rumsfeld said.... "they don't know that they don't know".

:faint:

What an odd thing to say.

It's people who do that who have made people like Rob lots of money (note: NOT a crack at Rob).
Would it be better if they didn't do it?

The only people who wouldn't be totally fucked if they lost their job are usually living off daddy's money, or they got VERY lucky, or - the smallest group of all - they genuinely made lots of money by being smart.
It's only the last group who could perhaps look down on the rest. But in my experience, they almost never do.
It's usually those in the first two groups who like to big-note themselves.

People who have genuine skills, work hard for a living and want to have a few nice things in their life should be applauded, not made fun of.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

It's people who do that who have made people like Rob lots of money (note: NOT a crack at Rob).

The only people who wouldn't be totally fucked if they lost their job are usually living off daddy's money, or they got VERY lucky, or - the smallest group of all - they genuinely made lots of money by being smart.
It's only the last group who could perhaps look down on the rest. But in my experience, they almost never do.

People who have genuine skills, work hard for a living and want to have a few nice things in their life should be applauded, not made fun of.
IMO, very true re the above.

I can't believe the amount of debt people carry and the issues if a business goes under and or income stops or a high paid job is lost.Most rely on only one income.
Around my area ..the debt level.
Many carry a 1 million dollar mortgage plus.
Do the sums at about 5.5% its 60k a year ..when rates hit 9% which they will thats an extra 35k a year,plus overdrafts,credit card ,loan pmts on cars x2,school fees ....
One of the reasons,is trying to keep pace with friends and others,very dangerous habit to get into,I'd say many have never felt the pain of a serious downturn in the economy...question is will it happen?
On brighter note I drove a California,I liked it ,tight to drive,all the modern characters of a high performance car ect.
i can see why people buy them ie for me be ideal,convertable/hardtop,single person and makes the right noise....I'm a convert to the modern Ferrari.
Are there any photos or details of the update for late 2014?

Offline mtarone

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

was told on good advice that the same is happening in New Zealand,that many of the V12/Dino's have been sold into the UK,with a certain OZ broker making a killing.

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
Same thing happened in USA after GFC. (and still happening)
A lot of left hookers ended up back in Europe
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Same thing happened in USA after GFC. (and still happening)
A lot of left hookers ended up back in Europe
Still good buys in the States,RHD Rolls Royce/Bentley cars are still good value.

I'm in discussion with an owner at the moment re a Bentley Continental S1,very pretty car.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

Steve - You miss the point totally.
I think Rob gets it.

If you are 30 -40 years of age, are making $120,000 a year and you think you have "made it" and can afford to lease a new Audi because it is deductible or you get a car allowance (which you have to spend - oh yeah?) then you have your hand in your pants.

Do the maths. After tax this dude is not collecting that much. The Audi will be worth 38% of the purchase price in 3 years. Leasing costs, insurance and various other costs will keep him poorer.

I hear them all say "but it's tax deductible!!!!

Dickweed tax deductible does not mean is furkin FREE.

First rule of getting wealthy - understand the tax system.

Build you wealth first, then buy your cars/boats/planes/whores.

Don't be "The Patsy" for some slick car salesman in a flashy showroom feeding your fragile ego.

:scratchchin: