Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

I still think its an expensive way to impress people one might not even know ,but as they say your a long time dead and if thats your enjoyment ,go for it..

I wouldn't be surprised if some people buy cars just because they love them.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Anyone buying any material possession to impress somebody else has issues.
LOl..be about 95% of Australians.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I'm sure they could find something wrong in the way I live too.
Where he to help...what issues do you have?

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I wouldn't be surprised if some people buy cars just because they love them.
very true,I'm an example of that,if i did'nt love the cars.i could think of nothing worse then wasting money on cars and there expenses ect.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
very true,I'm an example of that,if i did'nt love the cars.i could think of nothing worse then wasting money on cars and there expenses ect.

The day they make the Victorian "Police State" experience a national one is the day I stop buying modern sports cars. I rarely drive my Ferraris in Victoria now, every drive is littered with revenue raising cameras and unmarked cars looking to nail a criminal doing 5kmh over a ludicrously low posted limit. If it wasn't for the AE interstate events I probably would have given them away already.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
The day they make the Victorian "Police State" experience a national one is the day I stop buying modern sports cars. I rarely drive my Ferraris in Victoria now, every drive is littered with revenue raising cameras and unmarked cars looking to nail a criminal doing 5kmh over a ludicrously low posted limit. If it wasn't for the AE interstate events I probably would have given them away already.

Its why I love driving the 246, its slow, it sounds awesome at 60-80kph and if anything happens at that speed I can still walk away. The moderns may have the speed, computers comfort etc…..but the old ones just make all the right noises and tick the right boxes.

I get more of a kick in the 246 then the 911 or 575
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Its why I love driving the 246, its slow, it sounds awesome at 60-80kph and if anything happens at that speed I can still walk away. The moderns may have the speed, computers comfort etc…..but the old ones just make all the right noises and tick the right boxes.

I get more of a kick in the 246 then the 911 or 575

Old cars would be the way to go; but not at the moment with the over inflated values.

I hear one of the smart arses exporting old cars through a broker came unstuck big time with Customs too. Customs are not dumb and it always amazes me when smart people do really dumb things and are surprised when they get caught out.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I think the same way,they lost me when they bought in the over 15k limited and your a hoon.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I used leasing or CHP in the old days but now buy my cars. However, I wouldn't judge anyone using whatever means they like to get anything they damn well choose. If someone wants to over-commit themselves on a new, fast depreciating asset, good for them. Everyone's motivation is different, depending on their upbringing, life-experience and preferences. I wouldn't judge someone on this basis - I'm sure they could find something wrong in the way I live too.

As long as they go into it knowing the facts and are happy with the likely outcome, fair enough too. You could be dead tomorrow and it's important to have fun along the way; but it's not wise to live your life entirely like that.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
As long as they go into it knowing the facts and are happy with the likely outcome, fair enough too. You could be dead tomorrow and it's important to have fun along the way; but it's not wise to live your life entirely like that.

Does anyone remember the 80's…………….zero deposit, 5 year or 60 month HP with 70% residual

They sold lots of bummers under this arrangement.

Personally if you can afford to buy and pay cash upfront good and well, I still prefer to finance as its a tax deduction and using someone else's money means I can do more with my own
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.