Offline adam01

So the Anal Probe is still less painful!!!!!

he loves that probe  :D

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Yes of course LHD vehicles can be bought in, there are a few schemes:
a)Personal import (you have to have owned and resided in the country of origin for at least 12 consecutive months), you are allowed to bring in 1 vehicle every 5 years under this scheme and ADR's aren't as rigid.
b)If vehicle older than 1989 then it's just a case of filling out import application and then altering vehicle to meet necessary rego requirements.
c)1989 or newer - RAWS (Registered Automotive Workshop Scheme), this systme the vehicle has to be not in full volume production, be on the SEVS list (Special Enthusiast Vehicle Scheme) http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/sevsindex.html , if it's not on there then it needs to be eligible to be put on (I can help, I have done a few).
Then it get's imported and complied to ADRs through a RAWS.

hope this helps
Lindsey

dear oh dear......

who the hell are YOU?

Other than Captain Miss the point.

• Soap Dodger

LHD cars can only be bought in and remain LHD if they're over 25 years (in VIC), as they can then get club plates, subject to meeting club membership and inspection criteria.. (my lancia 8.32 is LHD and even though I have EVERYTHING I need already to convert it to RHD, I STILL can't be bothered to fight that administrative fight)

Over 30 years, it can be fully registered and used without limitation other than carrying signage... unless it's on club plates, when it must meet that criteria again.

Other than that, LHD cars can only come here if for trade/show/compettion purposes, and cannot be registered.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Over 30 years, it can be fully registered and used without limitation other than carrying signage... unless it's on club plates, when it must meet that criteria again.

Signage??????    :confused:

• Soap Dodger

Signage??????    :confused:

yes, cars must have signage I think 80mm high lettering, saying "CAUTION LEFT HAND DRIVE"

They never do of course... but read the regs, the cops do.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

yes, cars must have signage I think 80mm high lettering, saying "CAUTION LEFT HAND DRIVE"

They never do of course... but read the regs, the cops do.

Never, ever had any signs on any of my LHD cars and never, ever had any trouble with the Cops over it either.   :scratchchin:

Not doubting you.......

• Soap Dodger

Never, ever had any signs on any of my LHD cars and never, ever had any trouble with the Cops over it either.   :scratchchin:

Not doubting you.......

actually, a quick google makes it look like that rule is now only on heavy vehicles over 4.5 tonnes... it used to be all though...

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

There ya go......

(a) vehicles approved by VicRoads for registration as Engineering or Market Evaluation vehicles;
(b) vehicles primarily built for a special purpose that have to be left hand drive or dual control to fulfil
that purpose;

In the case of a left hand drive vehicle being one described in (a) or (b) the words “Left Hand Drive” must be clearly and legibly displayed in letters at least 75mm high and of proportionate width on the rear of the vehicle. Registration will be conditional and other conditions, including a requirement that both left hand and right hand external rear vision mirrors be fitted, may apply

• Soap Dodger

Not doubting you.......

Some have, but sooner or later they learn.....  :tilt:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Some have, but sooner or later they learn.....  :tilt:

You may have not been 100% correct on that one.......     :D