Offline Kitchdog

Hey guys, over the next 6 months I will finally be in the position to buy myself a Ferrari 348 outright.

I have done a fair bit of research online...have read some reports that they are hard to handle at high speeds (I wouldnt be thrashing it so this shouldnt be too much of an issue),

Anything else I should be looking out for when making the purchase?

I am after anything from '92 to '94 and preferably red.

I am pretty new to the world of Ferraris and havent had much hands on experience...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kitch

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Hi Kitch, and welcome.

I've taken it off the market at the moment, but this car.....  http://aussieexotics.com/forum/ferrari-for-sale/348-ts-for-sale-t2770.0.html;msg40481#msg40481

is available for viewing anytime you like.

It's in Melbourne, and you can come and look over it, I might even take you for a ride if the mood takes me. It's due for a run every other week or so anyway. You don't have to even want to buy it... just help yourself gather some info about what to expect.

This car is utterly original, drives EXACTLY correct, it still has correct original wheels and tyres and the whole bit.

Offline Kitchdog

That is a bloody awesome offer mate.

I am in Adelaide but am heading to Melbourne next month for the Crows and if is still around then would be great to hit you up.

If it does eventuate please don't be discouraged by the fact I am 22, I'm not a tyre-kicker or anything like that. I would be genuinely looking at purchasing one (without finance) over the next 6 months.

Being original and standard is really important to me so this sounds like something I could see myself in :)

• Soap Dodger

That is a bloody awesome offer mate.

I am in Adelaide but am heading to Melbourne next month for the Crows and if is still around then would be great to hit you up.

If it does eventuate please don't be discouraged by the fact I am 22, I'm not a tyre-kicker or anything like that. I would be genuinely looking at purchasing one (without finance) over the next 6 months.

Being original and standard is really important to me so this sounds like something I could see myself in :)

you're welcome

but it's not the car for you.

you said you wanted a late one. this is a 90 model... very early.

Not that there's any major changes, but it's not what you said you wanted... just a reference point.

Being 22 makes no difference. Nobody will drive it without my say so no matter their age or apparent wealth.

A self drive road test costs $94,950. and you get to keep it.  :tilt:

Offline Kitchdog

Definetely was not suggesting I would drive it at all don't worry about that mate.

Lots of people automatically write me off as a time-waster due to my age.

None of the 348's had power steering did they?

• Soap Dodger

Definetely was not suggesting I would drive it at all don't worry about that mate.

Lots of people automatically write me off as a time-waster due to my age.

None of the 348's had power steering did they?

no worries at all.

yeah, age is a prejudice to overcome for you for sure. But I've seen enough young ones buy these cars in the past.

no, all 348's are std steer... but the 3.4 litre Mondials have power steer, AND adjustable shocks and a longer wheelbase with wider track, and handle/steer VERY nicely indeed.

The 355 has power steer.

Online S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
There are a few 348's in Adelaide, mainly driven by errr...  older folk.  They don'y come up for sale much.  Last one I saw was last year at the Fezz dealer.  Didn't last long. 

Best options are interstate, as there's lots to choose from  :)
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline Kitchdog

cheers guys.

Has anyone previously owned one? How often do they need servicing?

Not that I would but could you drive it daily?

• Soap Dodger

You should budget for around $1.50 per km travelled for upkeep on average over a typical 5 year period... but some years it'll be triple that, others it'll be a third of that!

I just did a few small repairs and serviced a 308 that cost $0.20c per km for the 11000 km he did in the last 12 months. But that was an exceptionally good year!

Offline Kitchdog

Now I have been specifically after a 348 as I love their look and are about 50k cheaper than F355's.

Apparently they drive completely differently and 355's stick to the road a lot better?

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] Spotted thread JPG Today at 18:49
[ Lamborghini ] Huracan Performante shack Today at 18:08
[ Cars ] Now who is a VERY HAPPY Lad :) Condor Man Today at 17:52
[ McLaren ] McLaren 720S psw Today at 17:02
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! AE-DC Today at 14:53
[ Ferrari ] 488 GTB TJB Today at 12:17
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast allanuber Today at 12:01