Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Having owned a 355 and a 348, I can tell you the 355 is by far the superior car. But the 348 is still plenty of fun, great to get into Ferrari ownership and as super squalo said above, you won't notice any twitchyness unless you are at track speeeds, and you shouldn't be driving like that on the road anyway.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Import, but cheap, looks lovely and has the upgrade 355 wheels... easy exit from the gunna club    :mischief:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/FERRARI/348/New%20South%20Wales/csn6889773.aspx

C'mon, do it!

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Import, but cheap, looks lovely and has the upgrade 355 wheels... easy exit from the gunna club    :mischief:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/FERRARI/348/New%20South%20Wales/csn6889773.aspx

Is it an import? If it is, that's pretty confusing as it says"Australian delivered" but it could of been delivered to Australia last week. Australian delivered means, to me anyway, "Australian delivered & sold brand new in 91/92". Is this a way of screwing with potential buyers these days?

Offline allanuber

You may be onto something. These chaps seem like nice guys, have talked to them about cars before and bought a work beemer from them years back. I'd assumed at the price, and as most of their 'cheapies' are HK imports, then this one was too, but I'd be happy to be corrected - though it means a new low for a real aussie delivered car... the giveaway is usually the 'can be registered in any state' thing   ;)
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

... and all that being said, how much can you rip up even on an import 348 with the nice bits at around 80K?
C'mon, do it!

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Nothing wrong with the car at all, looks very clean but it does have a few km's on it :scared:
If it was me looking to buy I would save for a few more months & look closer at a F355. Much more beautiful & more rewarding car to drive (so i have heard & read, have not driven either). My 2 cents worth anyway. Good luck with what ever you choose mate :thumbsup:

Offline fivesix

... and all that being said, how much can you rip up even on an import 348 with the nice bits at around 80K?

They really stand out as a perfect entry level fcar to me for some reason?  :scratchchin:

Offline allanuber

The 348 was my first Fcar, in all honesty due more to budget than any fantastically deep considerations of the best ferrari for the buck. Still looked modern enough (the 328 didn't float my boat back then, but I'd live a 308/328 now...) and it was a real attention grabber (black TS ... I think it's actually for sale again in WA now!).

They feel plenty fast when you're driving, still draw a crowd, have lots of bits you can fix/improve yourself and on the road you really do need to be doing something silly to cross the limits. Most seem to be hanging around 120K still, but this is about the third one I've seen sub 90, and probably buyable at closer to 80K...
C'mon, do it!

Offline fivesix

They really stand out as a perfect entry level fcar to me for some reason?  :scratchchin:

some great points. I should point out i meant IMO not necissarily for me as if im about to buy one...  :p I just re-read that...

Are you thinking about buying the WA one back for a bit of nostalgic value?

Offline allanuber

hahahaa. I'd like to buy it back of course, but there's so much around for the same money right now that it doesn't stack up   :?

I think this is it...

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/FERRARI/348/Western%20Australia/csn7091474.aspx

C'mon, do it!

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ McLaren ] McLaren 720S Aircon Today at 00:42
[ Cars ] The cool other car photo thread cel Yesterday at 23:40
[ Cars ] Clem Smith's car collection to be auctioned Brenton Yesterday at 21:46
[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics goober Yesterday at 14:50
[ Italian Cars ] Social Media Suprise!! Joey Yesterday at 13:08
[ Cars ] Amazing Cars For Sale tdc911 Yesterday at 11:28