Offline Giddyup

Hi everyone

I've been reading Aussieexotics for a while now (also a contributing member of other car forums ie. 1addicts BMW forum and VWwatercooled) mainly because I've been in the market for a 360 and decided it might be time to ask around here. I have been searching for a 360 spider manual, red/tan, xenons, pref aus delivered but not too fussed about that. I've been looking for about 8 months and have done a few PPI's state-wide and test drives even did some PPI's in the UK but none are coming up as well-maintained and cared-for.

I have also attempted to make contact with the Ferrari club of Australia to see if they knew any members who might be willing to sell, but they have not replied.

Does anyone have or know of someone who has the above spec'd vehicle in good condition with good history and wants to sell?

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
What state have you been looking in?

It's good that youre being thorough and not rushing in just because a car looks pretty.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Rare spec.

Consider revising your search criteria to only worrying about the recent 5 years history, rather than the first 5 too, also consider condition and price. Condition can be fixed. Price is soon forgotten.

Why not F1?

I look after around 30 360s. Only 8 spiders, only three manual. They're fairly typical numbers of how hard to find your choice is going to be.

Offline Giddyup

@ anotherforumuser - I have cast a wide net - statewide in fact. I am open to travelling to view the vehicle, if the correct spec one came up. Yes although I am eager to get my hands on a 360, I also want to be happy that it's a good nick one, not a poor one.

@ Ferrari Fissatore - I will take what you said on board regarding the recent 5 years. With regards to condition, based on the number of PPI's I've done I have also come to that conclusion, ie. that condition can be fixed and have since opened my eyes to considering even vehicles that may have repairable flaws, as long as they are not major. Re: F1 - I am more of a purist and prefer a stick. I've owned a sequential manual in the past and although they are good, I prefer the driving experience of a manual.

Thank you both for replies.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
No prob. I prefer manual too, but f1 does have advantages.

You can't Buzz or Labour the engine, and they're more relaxing to drive if you want to relax that is!
Also, they're not sequential. You can skip gears just like a manual.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

@ anotherforumuser - I have cast a wide net - statewide in fact. I am open to travelling to view the vehicle, if the correct spec one came up. Yes although I am eager to get my hands on a 360, I also want to be happy that it's a good nick one, not a poor one.

Thing is, we dont know and I cant tell, what state you are in. I did buy a carton of scotch and cola today and I'm working my way through it so you may have posted where you are and I've missed it.  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:  I've stopped now, heading out for a cruise in 90 minutes.   :drive:

Offline Giddyup

Haha. Were you just refuelling before your cruise?
I am in Brisbane.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
????

There are plenty of near perfect example cars around,  I've owned a few of them but all are F1 gearboxes, but also keep in mind they aren't getting any younger. They are an oldish car now, it's getting more common now to expect things are starting to need to be freshened up.

If you want an immaculate 360 without any blemishes, then you have to buy a new one (they haven't been sold new now for 9 years now) or a time capsule one (which would have a list as long as the car itself that needs to be replaced or renewed anyway). Basically you will have to buy a 458 if you want a new car at about $400k extra ;)

And if you have been looking over the last 8 months you would have come across a couple of my faultless perfect black on creme and red on tan 04/05 spiders... But they were F1's so you probably ignored them?

FYI they got mid $140's in only a couple
Weeks of advertising, so be prepared to shell out close to entry level f430 money for perfect/near perfect 360's
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Giddyup

Hi wattens

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did see those ones as I monitor both the manual and F1 database on carsales but I am not after F1 unfortunately. I have, since starting my search, widened my scope to also include cars that may have minor blemishes that can be corrected and I no longer have an expectation that any car I end up with will be perfect.

I don't mind paying the premium for a good, well-maintained example. It's just that the ones I've seen just did not seem to have been shown the car and maintenance that I've shown my own cars regardless of their value.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

????

There are plenty of near perfect example cars around,  I've owned a few of them but all are F1 gearboxes, but also keep in mind they aren't getting any younger. They are an oldish car now, it's getting more common now to expect things are starting to need to be freshened up.

If you want an immaculate 360 without any blemishes, then you have to buy a new one (they haven't been sold new now for 9 years now) or a time capsule one (which would have a list as long as the car itself that needs to be replaced or renewed anyway). Basically you will have to buy a 458 if you want a new car at about $400k extra ;)

And if you have been looking over the last 8 months you would have come across a couple of my faultless perfect black on creme and red on tan 04/05 spiders... But they were F1's so you probably ignored them?

FYI they got mid $140's in only a couple
Weeks of advertising, so be prepared to shell out close to entry level f430 money for perfect/near perfect 360's

Well said.  :thumbsup:
Look at one that is as near as perfect as you can find for what you want. List the faults, deduct the repair cost and make an offer to the owners stating why you offered x amount and someone will say yes. If its a Ferrari dealer make an offer which depends on them fixing up certain faults. Either way you'll have your car, how you want it.

Ferraris arent selling like hot cakes so make offers. Wattens cars sold quickly because they were excellent and still realistically priced.  Ive seen a reasonable car that is 10k over priced that was for sale back in 2010 when I looked at it and is still for sale today at the same price. I needs $5-10k spent on tidying up the just ok paint or 10k taken off the price.