Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Also 355, not taking away from or knocking your car in the slightest, it was the cleanest 430 I've come across in a long time. If you've seen enough examples, you can get a gauge of a cars condition just by looking/listening/smelling it and by how the owner talks about his car.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline 355Aussie

Also 355, not taking away from or knocking your car in the slightest, it was the cleanest 430 I've come across in a long time. If you've seen enough examples, you can get a gauge of a cars condition just by looking/listening/smelling it and by how the owner talks about his car.

No worries buddy I wasn't offended. Just thought I would slip that comment in.

The 430 has been great for me but as you have said there are maintenance issues that need to be attended to and I have had the ball joints done and the stupid exhaust bracket done so they are not all perfect but thankfully everything at the moment is OK. Oh yeah I need to change the f....g ceramic pads as well plus an oil change.

What we need to understand is that these cars were really not built for our roads in my opinion. One drive to Wollombi on the old road will do your ball joints in amongst other things.

The cars are low to the ground and the engine is at its max performance so you need to keep on top of them.

If I was looking for a 360 as this person is I would make sure that the engine compression and leak down were excellent.

Clutch ware and brakes etc are just things you accept and replace just like you say.

Having said this I posted 2 links of what appear to be very good examples so maybe he will let us know about these cars soon??

Offline Giddyup

Thanks for all your replies guys. I do realise there will be wear and tear, being a used car. I am not after something perfect. It was just that after seeing the PPI and the car and meeting with or talking the owner I got the feeling the vehicles were not well maintained, is what I meant. I am just after the best example I can get my hands on, preferably from an enthusiast and within a reasonable budget of 140-145k. If any of you know of someone who has one and is willing to sell, I would appreciate the hookup.

Re: the links you posted 355Aussie, I already inspected one of them, (it had the tear in the roof, and a lot of the issues I mentioned above and the way the owner drove the car when I was in with him, spoke volumes about he treated it). It was for sale in July at $135k (easy to talk down as he was going through a divorce, so it was definitely had for less than $125k), sold, now being resold by new owner at $150k. The other is a coupe with black interior. Thanks for the links though, appreciate it.