Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Not disagreeing with you, my point is if the judges had the judgement to be members of this site what chance did the concours have :)

LOL, furrymuff then  :p

Offline viso

It wouldn't get an entry on the lawn (no miura would) but there are a whole host of shows it would be welcome at.
miura sv by viso55, on Flickr
i think this Miura would, ferruccio lamborghini's own miura sv. saw it at fabio lamborghini's personal collection when i was over in modena. the lamborghini factory was closed this particular day due to changes in the production lines (setting up for aventador production) so fabio lamborghini personally showed us around his collection. amazing day :) 

Offline 98octane

I guess my post was a bit of a stab about the current judging rules of FCA Concour. Having been a long time past competitor, and Judge on a few occasions when asked to help out, I know the answers.

Under the current rules you have a MASSIVE age related bonus. A squeaky clean, uber shiny and freshly restored 1952 car has it won pretty much from the outset. There is no way you could deduct enough originality points (assuming the Judges knew) to counter that head start. The quality of workmanship was also very, very high on the car so it would have scored well on that front as well.

My point was it's a lovely car; but it bears very little resemblance to what left the factory gates in 1952. So if it wins, something isn't quite right............. see my point?

And again, please don't infer that I am having a go at the owner because I'm not.

It looked great, but as I commented to Tristan at Como, it certainly looked restored to within an inch of its life.  I was disappointed to hear that the port holes in the side are not original and may from a Buick!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

It looked great, but as I commented to Tristan at Como, it certainly looked restored to within an inch of its life.  I was disappointed to hear that the port holes in the side are not original and may from a Buick!

I have a lot of pre digital photos taken when Ray owned it; but they are not scanned on this computer.
I agree the port holes look so wrong on so many levels.
The engine bay was way, way overdone with chrome and perfect paint everywhere.

I must say that I did find the black/silver colour scheme very, very attractive though.

Offline tdc911

I have a lot of pre digital photos taken when Ray owned it; but they are not scanned on this computer.
I agree the port holes look so wrong on so many levels.
The engine bay was way, way overdone with chrome and perfect paint everywhere.

I must say that I did find the black/silver colour scheme very, very attractive though.
Some photos on this site:
http://www.ghia-aigle.info/1951_ferrari.htm

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Offline 98octane

Offline 98octane

Offline 98octane