Offline uzz32soarer

• Moustache Champion
  • How the moustache was invented.....go the growl!

• Drives: 1988 Testarossa, 1974 DeTomaso Pantera, 1956 T-Bird convertible.
  • Name: Rob Hayden
Excellent day, looked a bit ominous to start with. Huge thunderheads were looming over the city as we all met and took off, but thereon we had excellent weather.

Cruising down the mountain between Toolangi and Healesville, my Testarossa ran out of throttle. Like None!!.

The others were waved past and I pulled off the internal cover plates and trims to find a small metal clip on the throttle cable linkage had snapped. Not good!!

Roadside repairs were made with some race tape, a kleenex box and a fair share of hope and we cruised on out through the Spur.

PP's old Pommie girl failed to start at one point, and Carl's thermostat went on the blink but apart from those small issues it was a great day.

Thanks to all concerned for organising the day. Looking forward to the next one.

PS: Good thing I have the spare car. I knocked off a clip on the way home and am fitting it in the shed as I write this (just resting the back)!

I'll order a new one so I don't get in the other car some day and lose the throttle coz I forgot. It's bound to happen.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter

PP's old Pommie girl failed to start at one point

immobiliser malfunction.

that 328's awesome i must say. it's the only 328 i've ever experienced that actually has some noise/personality.  i love my car.

today's drive was absolutely fantastic. great bunch of cars and people (especially me) and David has lots of photos to share (coming soon)

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline uzz32soarer

• Moustache Champion
  • How the moustache was invented.....go the growl!

• Drives: 1988 Testarossa, 1974 DeTomaso Pantera, 1956 T-Bird convertible.
  • Name: Rob Hayden

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Might be an idea to drill and split pin the cable end rather than use the clips at all.

Carls thermostat! I heard he blew hot and cold....... :tilt:

We should note that carl was NOT driving his own car.... it's still not 2018, and he's gotta finish Bretts car before his own!

Offline Megan

A big thank you for inviting me on this great drive today - had an awesome time, and loved the roads!!  And thank you for making me feel so welcome too :D :D  Was a pleasure meeting you all and being able to put faces to names.

I managed to get back at a reasonable time to pick up my nephews - only a couple of minutes late!! :thumbsup:  Sorry I couldn't stick around for a coffee in Warburton, would have loved to have stayed.  Look forward to seeing the pics from today :D

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
A big thank you for inviting me on this great drive today - had an awesome time, and loved the roads!!  And thank you for making me feel so welcome too :D :D  Was a pleasure meeting you all and being able to put faces to names.

I managed to get back at a reasonable time to pick up my nephews - only a couple of minutes late!! :thumbsup:  Sorry I couldn't stick around for a coffee in Warburton, would have loved to have stayed.  Look forward to seeing the pics from today :D

you were there?

hmmmmm
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

my Testarossa ran out of throttle. Like None!!.

The others were waved past and I pulled off the internal cover plates and trims to find a small metal clip on the throttle cable linkage had snapped. Not good!!

Roadside repairs were made with some race tape, a kleenex box and a fair share of hope and we cruised on out through the Spur.

PP's old Pommie girl failed to start at one point, and Carl's thermostat went on the blink

Me? Porsche owner? Break down? am I bovered? Do I look Bovered? look at the face.......not Bovered!  :D :D :D
Always Gunna

Offline carl888

• Soap Dropper
  • Get her groggy, do her doggy

• Drives: OHOS
  • Name: Carl Jones
Here we go!

Not much I can add except that gee, ethylene glycol is very slippery when applied to rubber!

Regards,

Carl.

• Soap Dodger

Not much I can add except that gee, ethylene glycol is very slippery when applied to rubber!

Regards,

Gee, so was I wrong AGAIN?

no need to answer  :thumbsup:

• Soap Dodger