Offline jeff kantor

• Drives: shtbox 4 now
 :confused: Why is the Ferrari Mondial so disliked ? Is it Just cause its a 4 seater? The shape isnt as ugly as people say either IMO.

Offline 98octane

:confused: Why is the Ferrari Mondial so disliked ? Is it Just cause its a 4 seater? The shape isnt as ugly as people say either IMO.

Don't you drive one?  Your avatar says you drive "A shtbox 4 now".   :p

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Drum roll............................................. :D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline fivesix

IMO they are the epitome of a classic car:
Style, substance, exclusivity. What more could you want? 

Offline adam01

:confused: Why is the Ferrari Mondial so disliked ? .........

Anything that starts with Mondi....   is out there (in the wilderness) :D 

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au

Any way you look at it a Mondial Cab is a cool car; a 2 + 2 Ferrari Cabriolet. You're in mega $$'s to replicate a 2 + 2 seater Cabrio in a '60s Ferrari. The only problem is you look like you're sitting on top of the steering wheel as the front seats seem to be so far forward proportionately to the rear of the car.

Also, speaking of Mondials I can remember in the mid 80's as a young-un going for a ride in a, wait for it, gold duco with dark chocolate brown leather Mondial Quattrovalve coupe. It was trying to be traded by an Adelaide Dr. who ordered it new.

If you think you can imagine what the resale on that would like be now; just imagine what it was like back then. It was literally saleproof.

Cheers

SK

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hey, I have always wondered the same thing – why is it so.

I have firsthand experience so here are some of the things that I considered not really great:
Yes – seating position isn’t that great.
Seats are hard for some reason, otherwise comfortable to drive, I am 6’2” and I don’t have an issue with room.
Steering wheel came out of a Bus.
IMO they don’t look all that ugly – OK they are no 308 but it only got a few wracks with the ugly stick when it went past.

On the other hand – they are nice to drive apart from the steering being a little heavy but I was used to driving big heavy tanks with no PS.
You can put a set of golf clubs in the Trunk.
Repairs and servicing are not scary like many other Exotics.
The Yummy Mommy’s in Boganville still think it’s a “Shit Hot” car. 
You can fit 3 Yummy Mommy’s in it instead of just one.

I think the word STIGMA has been used here today already and I think it has something to do with it in this case as well.

Anything that starts with Mondi....   is out there (in the wilderness) :D 

:irked:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I have firsthand experience

Seats are hard for some reason, otherwise comfortable to drive, I am 6’2” and I don’t have an issue with room.

Only on the 3.2

The 8 and the QV, and of course the T, all have much nicer seats.

I'm 6'2" too, and once I'm in a Mondial, it's all good...

but the doors are stupidly long and the internal handle is so far forwards that it makes the door awkward to open/close.

If the tyres are fresh enough and pumped up enough, the steering is quite manageable on the non PAS cars, but the T has PAS, and is lovely to drive it all respects.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I think ive commented in the past that the Mondial is the Ferrari you have when... ok enuf of that..

The Mondial stigma would have come from when they were brand new and being compared to the 308 and 328. In that day it would have looked pretty ugly in comparison and the reputation has stuck. The front still looked Ferrari like but I think it was the big odd shaped side vents that caused the problem. Also they seemed to get an odd sized version of the Ferrari mags and a nice wheel update can make a huge difference. The Mondial T when it came out had a smaller side scoop and really tidied up the looks of the Mondial.  A Mondial T with some nice wheels looks awesome and also has the bigger 348 engine.

Im looking at adding a Mondial T convertible down the track. FF's dads yard in the UK just sold a really nice looking T vert listed for about 22,ooo pounds so youre gonna pay bugger all tax on the thing to get it here.
If youre happy to live with the standard Mondial side scoops you can pick up a clean convertible version for as low as 12,ooo pounds in the UK, http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2377954.htm so landed here I doubt its gonna owe more than $30k, probably well under and its easily worth $40k or more.

Some Mondials because of wheel choice, colour choices or condition can look horrible but with some decent wheels and nice paint they can look much nicer. The Mondial T can actually look excellent.