Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
a lot of car for not much money  :thumbsup:
The only problem with old exotics is the maintenance bills don't decrease along with the value. They still cost much the same as running a new one once it's out of warranty. Spares can be a problem too as Ferrari don't keep stock up once the mandated 10 year period from release expires. Yes there is a lot of them out there, so salvage is an option; but there's a lot of cars out there chasing the parts regardless.

Offline niuqcam

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
The only problem with old exotics is the maintenance bills don't decrease along with the value. They still cost much the same as running a new one once it's out of warranty. Spares can be a problem too as Ferrari don't keep stock up once the mandated 10 year period from release expires. Yes there is a lot of them out there, so salvage is an option; but there's a lot of cars out there chasing the parts regardless.

Grinch  :)

Once you replace the airboxes, headers, cats, muffler that swallowed the old cats, change all the oils to redline nonshockproof, redo all the suspension bobbins with hill engineering stuff, rebuild the clutch and update the thrust bearings with aftermarket, replace the cam belt tensioners .... erm - then it's fine to drive on odd weekends   :)

OP - lovely car though, I want a 360 again  :)  :)  :)  :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline 355Aussie

Looks nice although I am a fan of red.

What you need to do is throw away that stock exhaust and get a tubi or similar.

IMO the tubi gives the 360 a great sound. Really really nice.

Other than that enjoy it!!!

Offline HWHL

Love the combo, and that sounds like a pretty good price.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Grinch  :)

Once you replace the airboxes, headers, cats, muffler that swallowed the old cats, change all the oils to redline nonshockproof, redo all the suspension bobbins with hill engineering stuff, rebuild the clutch and update the thrust bearings with aftermarket, replace the cam belt tensioners .... erm - then it's fine to drive on odd weekends   :)

OP - lovely car though, I want a 360 again  :)  :)  :)  :)

Grinch? Probably sounded like it; but it's just a realistic comment based on my own and others experiences.
Here is an example - A good mate of mine bought one of the first Oz 360's back in 1999 and he has used it. It's done about
80,000 Kim's. It's probably worth $80k or so now after all the imports have knackered resale values. He started having problems with the F1 shift. Zagames quoted him $28k for the parts, not including labour! He would have been better off trading out of it rather than fixing it. He ended up sourcing a 2nd unit which has also had issues.

As I say, not cheap when it gets a serious issue and it will at some point they all do.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Looks nice although I am a fan of red.

What you need to do is throw away that stock exhaust and get a tubi or similar.

IMO the tubi gives the 360 a great sound. Really really nice.

Other than that enjoy it!!!

I put a Tubi on mine when I bought it in 2001, never liked it that much. It was pretty boomy  at highway cruising speeds and made it tiresome to drive for more, than an hour or so. These days you can get a Capristo with remotely actuated valves loud when you want it, very quiet when you don't.

Offline cel

Thanks, the reason i went with black exterior is to many reds

the car will be driving around in sydney daily so more then likely it should be seen

Congrats on the car!

Haha I'm sure I'll spot it one day :) Challenge accepted!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Grinch? Probably sounded like it; but it's just a realistic comment based on my own and others experiences.
Here is an example - A good mate of mine bought one of the first Oz 360's back in 1999 and he has used it. It's done about
80,000 Kim's. It's probably worth $80k or so now after all the imports have knackered resale values. He started having problems with the F1 shift. Zagames quoted him $28k for the parts, not including labour! He would have been better off trading out of it rather than fixing it. He ended up sourcing a 2nd unit which has also had issues.

As I say, not cheap when it gets a serious issue and it will at some point they all do.

If you're in Melbourne, and even if you're not, you'd be mad not to use Phil for a car like that.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

If you're in Melbourne, and even if you're not, you'd be mad not to use Phil for a car like that.

Like most of Zagames new Ferrari buyers, he isn't a real car nut and just wants to drive a car with the dancing donkey on the badge. He is also like the majority of Zagame new car buyers in that he has a lot of money and they know it, so they normally just ask how much and write the cheque. I'm told I'm a bit unusual (imagine that) as I'll ask how much, go and do some research to see if it's a fair price and only buy the part/use the service if they are competitive. They don't have to be the cheapest, just competitive as I believe it's important to support the dealers as we would be stuffed without them.

In my mates case I did recommend he check with Phil and I think he did ring; but Phil couldn't fit him in? As I said, he uses the car a lot and not being a car nut, has no idea how long things take in Ferrari la la land. He probably asked if he could drop it off and pick it up the next day  :p 

I may like to prod Phil with the stirring stick a lot; but I do send people to him as he knows.