Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Thanks for the kind words Rennie. And congrats on a ripper car. Fate all aligned well for this one and it was a pleasure to deal with you.

Mum and dad arrived for a visit on thursday, so you're invited for a catch up at my place, to meet dad and me and our better halves.

Enjoy the car, you've got a good'un.

Offline Stingray69

• Drives: Magnum's car but grey
  • Name: Rennie
 Well FF, perhaps they were kind words indeed but they were also 100% true.
It would be great to meet your parents and your better half, but if your wife is your better half, she must one hell of a woman. Ditto for your mother.
I'll PM later to see if we can make it work.
To paraphrase Albert Einstein, "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds". Sums it up nicely for me and thanks for everything. Its been a pleasure dealing with all concerned on this forum.
Cheers.
If you ain't living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space

Offline sinkman

Well done on your purchase! I too have had a great conversation with FF who has provided great wisdom about a UK purchase. I just can't get the TR out of my head though. Enjoy. A brilliant collour combination! It looks sensational. I too highly recommend FF.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Congrats.  And beautiful choice!

But did FF influence the colour combo by any chance too?   :D

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

lol, took me a few seconds to get that....Stingray69 always said he was in the market for a non red car when he started looking :)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
#blushing#

Thanks again stingray and sinkman.... i nearly spoonerismed that into stinkray and singman :?

Who meee,  influence colour choice?????????

Dunno what you mean!

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass

That's what I was thinking! :D

Great looking car!
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Stingray69

• Drives: Magnum's car but grey
  • Name: Rennie
Apologies for the late replies but it was a BUSY weekend. Don't know how you guys always find the time? Need to work on my time management I guess.
lol, took me a few seconds to get that....Stingray69 always said he was in the market for a non red car when he started looking :)
Good memory anotherforumuser-I really wanted to avoid the "magnum p.i" references associated with a red 308 GTS otherwise i would've had to buy a matching Hawaiian shirt and stick-on moustache to go with the car. I hope that wasn't a slight against all those red 308 owners. We all have our preferences and thank god for that. Admittedly, red on tan is a classic colour combo. I just much prefer the 70's Ferrari shapes in hues other then red. Also, when I first saw the Ferrari 308 as a 12 year old, they were in colours other red-such as metallic green (Pino Verde), silver with boxer paint scheme, blue, yellow etc and I guess those colour schemes really stuck with me. For me, red is too cliche. All I can say is that the guy who first ordered my car had exquisite taste and I was the lucky beneficiary of that. And the red leather with black piping really enhance the old school "Major Tom" (to quote Ash) feel of the interior with the toggles and metal heating slides. I really love it. The look, the smell, the feel...ahhhh...opps better get my hand away from my pants.

Well, I chose the colour combo myself but it does appear FF and I have the same great taste:-) However, FF's comments on the "sublime colour combo"(to quote FF directly) really did allay any fears I might've had considering I couldn't physically see the car. So in that regard, FF did influence my choice. I'm so surprised by how many compliments the car draws from passer-bys....and forum members. A few people have said "You should've have got a red Ferrari" and I nod politely but thinking "ignorant imbeciles". Not all Ferrari's should be red.

Again, thank you for all the positive feedback. Soon, I have to drop it off to FF's workshop, get it VASSed and really start driving it....and then actually detail it and get it ready for next years Vic Ferrari concours. Believe it or not, the pics I took are with a thick layer of dust.
If you ain't living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars