Offline JK__Platinum

Does anyone know what car this is. i know that the silver one is the 250 GT Drogo, Later dubbed the 'Breadven", but I have no idea what the red Ferrari in this photo is. I have checked all of the historic cars on the Ferrari website, and none of them look like this one.

Thanks heaps if anyone knows and can get back to me on this.

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

Does anyone know what car this is. i know that the silver one is the 250 GT Drogo, Later dubbed the 'Breadven", but I have no idea what the red Ferrari in this photo is. I have checked all of the historic cars on the Ferrari website, and none of them look like this one.

Thanks heaps if anyone knows and can get back to me on this.

That's not the breadvan.
Why such a long face?

Offline JK__Platinum

That's not the breadvan.

This is what was later dubbed the Breadvan. The breadvan was made on this chassis,  being the 250 SWB GT. It was originally an altered version of the 250 SWB GT and then got modified again to beat the 250 GTO and then got its later shape, which was then called the Breadvan.

Offline dkabab

how sure are you the red car is a ferrari? it looks a lot like a Healey SR LeMans

Offline Staz88

• Drives: Lotus Exige
  • Name: Mark

Offline JK__Platinum

Oops I made a Mistake. The silver car is a Ferrari 250 GT SWB rebodied  by Drogo. The Breadvan chassis number is 2819 GT and this one is 2053 GT. This one unfortunately was destroyed at the 500KM of Spa, 17 May 1964.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Oops I made a Mistake. The silver car is a Ferrari 250 GT SWB rebodied  by Drogo. The Breadvan chassis number is 2819 GT and this one is 2053 GT. This one unfortunately was destroyed at the 500KM of Spa, 17 May 1964.
Correct 2053GT Drogo special ..destroyed by Van Lysbeth.
Special test when 2nd hand as the factory...fitted a new cylinder heads,larger valves and tuned x2 exhaust,in the GTO manner.
The motor was dry-sump and moved further back and set lower.
All these experiments were put into place on the GTO and of course the Drogo body work ,to a degree can be scene in the GTO.
Pity such a car is no longer around.