Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Does anyone really care about this bullshit?
whos? ferrarifixer's bullshit or aircon's bullshit?  :boggled:

Offline beama

• Two-headed sister chaser

whos? ferrarifixer's bullshit or aircon's bullshit?  :boggled:

Roger, if you had a choice between single piston calipers and multiple piston calipers (assuming the same pad size) what would you use?

No one said what FF is trying to insinuate we said, ie that multy piston calipers (on their own) will stop you better.

Offline waz356

Roger, if you had a choice between single piston calipers and multiple piston calipers (assuming the same pad size) what would you use?

No one said what FF is trying to insinuate we said, ie that multy piston calipers (on their own) will stop you better.

Roger, ignoring your history with Aircon, based on what you've read here and on Fchat from FF and those who deal with him, would you send your cars to him?

goober

Roger, ignoring your history with Aircon, based on what you've read here and on Fchat from FF and those who deal with him, would you send your cars to him?

good question, i know i wouldnt send him a dog's breakfast to repair, all he seems to get is complaints, and all the customers complaing are always wrong, gee one day it might work it out

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
you should come car racing.

It's very informative.

You'd learn some stuff.

and then, just maybe, you'd see I'm right

again.

No. of pistons has NOTHING to do with ability to stop.

it's friction surface area / modulation control, and heat dissipation.

Multiple pistons can help spread the load across the pad, and make pad wear control improve to reduce tapering and grabbing... but it wont help the perfomance.... You need surface area and modulation to stop better.

Of course, the myth is carried on because TYPICALLY, a multi piston upgrade is also BIGGER DIAMETER discs... which is where the greater modulation comes from, which is how they stop better.

BUT, until you've driven both types on an identical chassis, I don't expect any weak minded brainwashed wannabe to understand.

another example...

a testarossa has just as many caliper pistons as a 512TR... yet, even when using the same 18" wheels, the TR will stop better than the Trossa....

why?

FRICTION SURFACE AREA, MODULATION and HEAT DISSIPATION.......

hehehe....you is funny when you talk shit. you said it would stop in a shorter distance with the same wheel/tyre comination. that is absolute rubbish.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

i would use whatever came with the car that i had purchased, as porsche know better than me. my post was to highlight ali's post about who gives a shit at what aircon says, bit like what scott said, aircon have you got the link? also aircon did you ask mark how he was going with his rip on the g in tassie? you found it funny when you thought it happened to me?

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

ff isn't in my state, so that's a question that i don't have to answer. i don't have an opinion on the issue, and you don't make judgement based on what is said over the interweb.( can't wait for aircon to bring up my comments on stephens) you think i'm a prick, but in fact i'm not. you just got lost in cyber space somehow. i think your ali's puppet who just makes up the numbers, but i am probably wrong. see how easy it can get?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

bwahahah... talk about twist the facts around! FKN 'ell!

You didn't even know the thing in your hand was a floating piston caliper... in fact, you swore it WASN'T!

Can't argue with fools.

Facts are facts though...

Offline beama

• Two-headed sister chaser

bwahahah... talk about twist the facts around! FKN 'ell!

yeah, looks like, is similar, etc etc....Mr Twisty

You didn't even know the thing in your hand was a floating piston caliper... in fact, you swore it WASN'T!

That's another example of YOUR twisting and turning, the floating caliper issue is hardly relevant. Same as it was irrelevant when you tried to bring it up during the issue of whether I overtook your client/mate. You may recall, I was prepared to put my money where my mouth was, you weren't! Besides, I admitted I was wrong (about the caliper)and also that I wasn't mechanically minded. The former of which YOU CAN"T DO. Also, whilst I initially wrongly said it wasn't a floating caliper, I didn't swear it wasn't. But in your mind the two things are similar and hence the same and as close as fuck is to swearing.

Can't argue with fools.
Facts are facts though...

Yes, I know, you're right for a change.

CLICK

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
also aircon did you ask mark how he was going with his rip on the g in tassie? you found it funny when you thought it happened to me?

scud....in the unlikely event that you one day learn to write the above in english, i will be pleased to respond to those questions.

over to you.

I love my car. Buy your own