Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

CLICK

hahahah!

Click... meaning... "right, I've said my bit and now stop bringing it up 'cos I'm running out of reasoning"

hheeee,hahaha,heeee!

Too funny.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
A Ferrari 328 is heavier than a 308 AND much more powerful, yet they use the exact same size tyres if using the 16" option on the 308, and have almost identical suspension etc (early 328),

A 308 has twin piston calipers all round, but a 328 has single piston floaters all round.

*********The 328 stopping distances are much shorter than the 308.*************** This is because the 328 has larger surface area of friction materials, which allows greater heat dissipation and greater modualtion control. it has NOTHING to do with no. of pistons.

i'm still waiting for your retraction of this bit of idiocy! i can't believe, still, that that was your claim....esp since you specified it was with same tyre/wheel combo.
I love my car. Buy your own

• Soap Dodger

I just found an old road test article saying how 512TR stopping distances are much shorter than Trossa...

I just WISH I could find the one written when 328 replaced 308QV... oh well, it'll turn up one day.

I'll not retract the comment. I'll wait for you to realise it's fact, which will happen one day.

Your apology will come sooner than my retraction.

Offline Aircon

I just found an old road test article saying how 512TR stopping distances are much shorter than Trossa...

I just WISH I could find the one written when 328 replaced 308QV... oh well, it'll turn up one day.

I'll not retract the comment. I'll wait for you to realise it's fact, which will happen one day.

Your apology will come sooner than my retraction.

same day, same surface, same tyres of course, right??

so NOW who's the idiot??

you must think we're all totally ignorant on this forum with some of the shit you come out with that you expect us to believe.

personally, i'm all for it. makes me seem all the more credible.

• Soap Dodger

same day, same surface, same tyres of course, right??

so NOW who's the idiot??

you must think we're all totally ignorant on this forum with some of the shit you come out with that you expect us to believe.

personally, i'm all for it. makes me seem all the more credible.

hmmm... ignorance hey?

well, so you're saying that years of engineering development, AND the basic facts about brake technology don't make any difference.....

WRONG bucko!

Small brakes fade during a stop, bigger ones less so... bigger brakes will stop shorter due to maintaining the friction level for longer in the heat/stop cycle.

In theory, if pressure applied is infinite, then YES, the trye limits the stop... but it's NOT. The system/driver can't deliver infinite pressure.... so the limiting factor becomes heat disspation, modulation......

Offline beama

• Two-headed sister chaser

hahahah!

Click... meaning... "right, I've said my bit and now stop bringing it up 'cos I'm running out of reasoning"

hheeee,hahaha,heeee!

Too funny.

Yeah, that's it, you keep making up your own meanings and laughing at your own jokes. You are really good at self gratification. Like confucius said....man under car with tool in hand not necessarily mechanic.

• Soap Dodger

Yeah, that's it, you keep making up your own meanings and laughing at your own jokes. You are really good at self gratification. Like confucius said....man under car with tool in hand not necessarily mechanic.

You're obsessed with my penis.

Thanks, but it's not mutual  :thumbsup:

Offline Aircon

hmmm... ignorance hey?

well, so you're saying that years of engineering development, AND the basic facts about brake technology don't make any difference.....

WRONG bucko!

Small brakes fade during a stop, bigger ones less so... bigger brakes will stop shorter due to maintaining the friction level for longer in the heat/stop cycle.

In theory, if pressure applied is infinite, then YES, the trye limits the stop... but it's NOT. The system/driver can't deliver infinite pressure.... so the limiting factor becomes heat disspation, modulation......

oh my bloody god!

and you seriously make a living working on cars?? with your claims, i'd be reluctant to let you change a light bulb.

i'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief.

• Soap Dodger

^

ok, so you believe that a 328 fitted with 308 brakes would be just as good at stopping then?

And you beleive that a 308 fitted with 328 brakes wouldn't stop any better?

Just to clarify your position here.....

Offline beama

• Two-headed sister chaser

You're obsessed with my penis.

Thanks, but it's not mutual  :thumbsup:

You need help.