Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
*** Aircon - this may give you an idea of what you 328 will require when it gets here, or am I teaching my "grandma to suck eggs" ????

nope.....keep going. all news to me!!

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Aaaaarggggghhhhhhh - this is not going well.

Can't find any paperwork to support Emissions of the Mondial.
And the VASS engineer is not happy with just an emissions test and report!!!!

Plus, with no supporting documentations on the seat belt mounts, the engineer wants to test them.
This means stripping the interior and pulling out the windscreen!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

uzz32soarer - mate, if you read this can you let me know who did the VASS on your Testa, please, please, please.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hey Aircon

tell me some more about your 328 - I am guessing it is going to be a "grey" import???

I am guessing also that you are going to have to go thru what my Bro-in-law is going thru at this time with his Mondial.

I can give you some info about quite a few issues if you are interested. Do you have a VASS guy arranged???

Offline Aircon

Hey Aircon

tell me some more about your 328 - I am guessing it is going to be a "grey" import???

I am guessing also that you are going to have to go thru what my Bro-in-law is going thru at this time with his Mondial.

I can give you some info about quite a few issues if you are interested. Do you have a VASS guy arranged???

yes, and reading this has made me shit myself :)

i have nothing arranged at this point.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

yes, and reading this has made me shit myself :)

i have nothing arranged at this point.

Looks like you and me will need to become friends  :thumbsup:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Aircon - I have found out a lot of info this last week and most of it has been on the 328, not a lot of info about the Mondial but they do run much the same running gear.

The Emissions have been a problem, only because the Mondial is a UK spec car and not a Euro/UK spec.
The different is in what Emissions gear is on the car, the UK spec version has next to no Emissions.

The guys at the testing station have said that if the car was US/Euro spec it would pass no problems.
The Mondial will need to be fitted with Catalytic Converters and a Charcoal Canister, and maybe a O2 sensor.

There is 2 types of Cat Converter:
a 2 stage - which is mainly used on Carbie engines
and a 3 stage - which is used on EFI engines but also needs an Oxygen sensor as well.

We are just waiting to see if a 2 stage Cat fitted to the car will past or not.
We have had a look at an Aussie car and they have a 3 stage Cat with an O2 sensor, but it is all just an add on to the existing system.
Problem is that the exhaust is totally different so we would have to change it over as well.

So Aircon, do you know if your 328 is UK spec or Euro/US spec???
If it is Euro/US spec, all you need to do it have it tested at the emissions Lab with out having to do any Mods - or very little Mods.
Cost of the Testing is $1500 - $2000.

When does it get here???

Offline Aircon

Aircon - I have found out a lot of info this last week and most of it has been on the 328, not a lot of info about the Mondial but they do run much the same running gear.

The Emissions have been a problem, only because the Mondial is a UK spec car and not a Euro/UK spec.
The different is in what Emissions gear is on the car, the UK spec version has next to no Emissions.

The guys at the testing station have said that if the car was US/Euro spec it would pass no problems.
The Mondial will need to be fitted with Catalytic Converters and a Charcoal Canister, and maybe a O2 sensor.

There is 2 types of Cat Converter:
a 2 stage - which is mainly used on Carbie engines
and a 3 stage - which is used on EFI engines but also needs an Oxygen sensor as well.

We are just waiting to see if a 2 stage Cat fitted to the car will past or not.
We have had a look at an Aussie car and they have a 3 stage Cat with an O2 sensor, but it is all just an add on to the existing system.
Problem is that the exhaust is totally different so we would have to change it over as well.

So Aircon, do you know if your 328 is UK spec or Euro/US spec???
If it is Euro/US spec, all you need to do it have it tested at the emissions Lab with out having to do any Mods - or very little Mods.
Cost of the Testing is $1500 - $2000.

When does it get here???

all scary stuff.

i'd imagine mine's a UK spec. since it was delivered new to the UK, but that's just an assumption.

i have a fully aussie exhaust system that i can fit to it.

the whole thing sounds too hard. maybe i should send it back!

it sounds like you're reinventing the wheel. there have been so many cars brought over from the UK over the years, you'd reckon there would be someone who just knows "do this...do that...done!" I was just going to find someone whose done it before and say "here you go...give it back when you're finished" (i haven't looked into who that might be, though)

the ship is still about 5 weeks away *sigh*

good luck...and keep the info coming!

thanks

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Done give up mate.

Once this Mondial is on the road, your 328 should be a piece of piss.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Done give up mate.

Once this Mondial is on the road, your 328 should be a piece of piss.

So are these new rules????  Or do these requirements only relate to more modern cars????

My 308 is a UK car and doesn't have side intrusions bars or kph speedo or the filler thingy and I haven't even bothered to cross other things of the list.   Its registered here and has been here for over 20 years.

I wonder if all these mods are required for all imports.  I know of a lot of US muscle cars that are LHD and still have mph speedos.

Sometimes the ADR's are a joke.  Surely if the car complied in the UK at the time then it should here.  Same with Aircons 328.  Should be able to pay $600 rego, throw a number plate on it and go driving.

I know the fuel filler ones a joke.  I know FF had to that to the 328 he had in his shop.  He said the same as uzz32soarer, you can't buy unleaded.

Ah, the fun and joys of living in this wonderfull beaurocratic country.  :D

:drive: