Offline 360F1

Long time reader first time poster.

My 2004 360 SPIDER F1 arrives this week (uk import) i already have the log books and it all serviced and stuff but what concerns me is all post about beeping and selecting gears, i read the manual and it confuse me more, once i jump into the car warm it up do i just select up to grab first gear while still on brake or do i have to give it throttle as well.  I have driven a 430 but i cant remember.  Also to give the clutch more of a live if i get off the throttle while selecting up does it help or should just stay on the thorttle and select.

Can someone give me a crash course.

Anything else i should look out for its done low km.

Thanks for you help in advance will post pic shortly.

Online allanuber

• Name: Al
There's a million posts on this stuff...

But, for the easy question. You get in - you must have foot on the brake - then you can select first. No need to hit the accelerator, pointless as it'll just give the clutch more pain to deal with.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Relax a LOT

read the manual AGAIN

and it'll all be ok!

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
There's a million posts on this stuff...

But, for the easy question. You get in - you must have foot on the brake - then you can select first. No need to hit the accelerator, pointless as it'll just give the clutch more pain to deal with.
I found hitting the auto button sorted it all out for the first month
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

• Soap Dodger

I found hitting the auto button sorted it all out for the first month

women have one of those, right between their eyes, it doesn't always work first time, but eventually, it kicks in...

#RUNS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Soap Dodger

Long time reader first time poster.

import

its done low km.

haven't they all  :scratchchin:

I've seen some truly discgraceful examples of hair cutting on import cars.

have someone read the gearbox computer to see mileage cross checks, even then, the computer could have been changed.

Gear selection is easy and fairly intuitive, it's the throttle application that takes some learning, and is the meaning of life with 360 F1.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'd always wondered how come there were so many low mileage Ferraris around. In my innocence, I hadn't considered this practice was still happening. :doh:

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
I'd always wondered how come there were so many low mileage Ferraris around. In my innocence, I hadn't considered this practice was still happening. :doh:
Yeah, really depends on whonis bringing them in..some guys just have no conscience. I saw one with 52000 miles come in, next day, it read 17000kms....best thing is to see the car as it lands with original mileage
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

• Soap Dodger

imagine you traded your 458 in tomorrow....

how easy would it be to chop it back to 1500km....

some people have blind faith, when really, they need eyes wide open!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Yeah, really depends on whonis bringing them in..some guys just have no conscience. I saw one with 52000 miles come in, next day, it read 17000kms....best thing is to see the car as it lands with original mileage

Yup I agree 100%, I have seen that many imports advertised on a UK site with distinguishable custom features advertised with for example 50 000miles for dirt cheap, then that car arrives and is on car sales 4 months later with under 20 000km. It is disgraceful, that is why I wouldn't touch the whole first page of carsales cars when arranged from cheapest to most expensive.

You can always check the computer and see how many km's have been travelled in each gear and if you have driven a genuine fresh example, you can always tell just by looking at it in and out and how it drives. There are also now 2 Gallardos that I have 100% confidence have had km's wound back, one that I mentioned last week and a new one that popped up recently on carsales with stupidly low km's. One is owned by a guy who imports all the time and one is owned privately and I recon he is giving it away at a cheap price purely because it has too many issues with it, I doubt he knows that the km's are wound back.

No one wants to know that a car has been wound back, even if the compliance km's are higher than the current km's. Even look at the carsales pics of the interior, doesn't take much thinking to realise cars with 9000 and 4000km shouldn't have any ware on the seats, floor mats, door sill and steering wheel and at ridiculously low prices. Especially when there are cars with 20 000 and 30 000km with less ware :doh:
Enjoying Life!!!!