Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
imagine you traded your 458 in tomorrow....

how easy would it be to chop it back to 1500km....

some people have blind faith, when really, they need eyes wide open!

Have also heard (not seen myself, from my exotics mechanic) of cars having the warning/fault lights disabled one way or another so the warning light doesn't show on the cluster, to a new buyer they may not even know that the car is in limp mode untill it is too late.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Always go with gut instinct and get a propper full pre purchase inspection done, also with imports wouldn't hurt to go back to the compliance workshop and ask them how many km's that car originally came with, can always be done before compliance but sometimes you would be surprised what you find.

Used to happen a lot in Jap imports, but those things are less temperamental than Fez's and Lambos and things didn't break on them any where as often.

Friend of mine bought a Supra years ago, as it approached 99 999km we joked that what if it clicked over and showed 0km on the odometer. Well it did click over to reveal 0km's. What had been done was they disabled the digital milage digit so it didn't show anything, so infact as the car was meant to show 100 000km, it actually was clicking over to 200 or 300 000km. No way to tell as steering wheel and seats must have been changed and it didn't drive bad.

The more cars you deal with and the more people you talk to, the more you learn
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly

Have also heard (not seen myself, from my exotics mechanic) of cars having the warning/fault lights disabled one way or another so the warning light doesn't show on the cluster, to a new buyer they may not even know that the car is in limp mode untill it is too late.
Just on that note...FF, if you can help please....
I drove my car the other day for about an hour....engine got warm, oil temp got to 70.
Just before I turned it off, oil temp gauge was fluctuating from 70 to 100 quickly.
Turned it back on 5 min later...would not go in reverse and was running, it seemed to me on 4 cylinders...no engine/warning lights.
Turned it off, back on again and all seemed to be back to normal...
Has done it twice in the last month.....any ideas?
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Just on that note...FF, if you can help please....
I drove my car the other day for about an hour....engine got warm, oil temp got to 70.
Just before I turned it off, oil temp gauge was fluctuating from 70 to 100 quickly.
Turned it back on 5 min later...would not go in reverse and was running, it seemed to me on 4 cylinders...no engine/warning lights.
Turned it off, back on again and all seemed to be back to normal...
Has done it twice in the last month.....any ideas?

oil temp senders fail all the time, so prob just that.

as for gears, prob sticky slave cylinder seals.

4 cylinders??... could be lots of things... most likely poor connection somewhere... possibly throttle pedal potentiometer.

Bundle of joy by sounds of it...

hope you have friendly mechanic!

Offline ferrarista2

oil temp senders fail all the time, so prob just that.

as for gears, prob sticky slave cylinder seals.

4 cylinders??... could be lots of things... most likely poor connection somewhere... possibly throttle pedal potentiometer.

Bundle of joy by sounds of it...

hope you have friendly mechanic!
He is friendly enough...see him all the time....
I had my car chipped...do you think that could have something to do with it?? Maybe one of the ecu over the fuel tank is not reading well, or faulty connection?

• Soap Dodger

He is friendly enough...see him all the time....
I had my car chipped...do you think that could have something to do with it?? Maybe one of the ecu over the fuel tank is not reading well, or faulty connection?

could be ANYTHING if it's been buggered about with!

Offline ferrarista2

could be ANYTHING if it's been buggered about with!
Yeah, hope it's something easy to find....thanks for your time, much appreciated

• Soap Dodger

Yeah, hope it's something easy to find....thanks for your time, much appreciated

No prob...

But FYI, I had one 360, delivered new with a problem... occasional misfire, just random...

took MONTHS of poking around and testing, where of course it always behaved perfectly... eventually found a pin backed out of the connector on one of the ECU sockets. IMPOSSIBLE to see until the socket was dismantled.

Offline 360F1

Thanks for you input, i bought it from an ferrari dealer and had all the checks done.  When it get here i will re do all the checks just in case but i paid that little bit extra to make sure it was bought from one of the biggest ferrari dealers in the uk.

I will read up on the manual again and see how i go.   With all the post i read ferrarifixer YOU ARE THE MAN and real help on the forum, read heaps of your post and want to say thanks for all the information you provide to the members.

Offline ferrarista2

No prob...

But FYI, I had one 360, delivered new with a problem... occasional misfire, just random...

took MONTHS of poking around and testing, where of course it always behaved perfectly... eventually found a pin backed out of the connector on one of the ECU sockets. IMPOSSIBLE to see until the socket was dismantled.
Define misfire?? Is it like you have the pedal to the floor and the car still sound the same, but you are going nowhere??