Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Enough profit.

If they only made that much on each one they'd sell a hell of a lot more.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
You make it sound like they are setting up a racing team.

You don't reckon $40 - 60k is enough per 458???

Plus all of the service work.

They will make money as the brand has saleable vehicles.

you have no idea, Adel is a small market, one can only go on past performance of sales as the indicator. Sales in past 2 years are indicative of a reducing market. Forget service work, smart people will use independents, morons use the dealership
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline DJS

With the expensive infrastructure (which I presume would include construction of new premises) it's difficult from an outsiders point of view to see how it stacks financially.

I can only presume that there is enough history of people servicing with the dealership to provide a relatively predictable revenue stream and that they've also got Maserati - and are banking on their new models selling in higher volume.

These guys are experienced in the business though so i'm sure they know a lot more than us and have done their research. Good luck to them.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
perhaps that's it, they're banking on Maserati sales to prop up the numbers because maser will soon offer the new quattroporte, the new ghibli mid size sedan and the new SUV, as well as the granturismo and grancabrio in its various guises which will get updated/replaced in the next 2-3 years. But even with Maserati sharing the showroom its a tough ask.

If its Ferrari alone they're setting fire to their money...but I guess they have quite a bit to burn in the first place!

Time will tell....
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
perhaps that's it, they're banking on Maserati sales to prop up the numbers because maser will soon offer the new quattroporte, the new ghibli mid size sedan and the new SUV, as well as the granturismo and grancabrio in its various guises which will get updated/replaced in the next 2-3 years. But even with Maserati sharing the showroom its a tough ask.

If its Ferrari alone they're setting fire to their money...but I guess they have quite a bit to burn in the first place!

Time will tell....
They at least would have a better chance if they still sold fiat 500/Alfa also.....that would've filled on the gaps, so to speak....but this is a big risk IMO
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Isnt the Porsche Centre the official Ferrari workshop for SA? Are  they going to lose that within 12 months of becoming authorised? I guess this may have been planned in advance that they would only be an interim workshop but if it wasn't it would be pretty rude of Ferrari to take away their authorisation so quickly............ or will we end up with two authorised workshops in SA?

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Isnt the Porsche Centre the official Ferrari workshop for SA? Are  they going to lose that within 12 months of becoming authorised? I guess this may have been planned in advance that they would only be an interim workshop but if it wasn't it would be pretty rude of Ferrari to take away their authorisation so quickly............ or will we end up with two authorised workshops in SA?
only for 3 months then they told ferrari to fuck off, 2 customers came in for servicing.

ferrari dont want maserati in the same dealership, they will bring out a maser 4x4 and predict sales in aust of 1500 per annum.......pipe dream

a stand alone ferrari dealership cant worl in adel unless you have a high volume dealership alongside, the dollars for the dealership are 4.5 mill for showroom,service, parts etc. Selling 4 or 5 cars per annum even at full gross isnt enough to survive.....hence have big fortune in high vol dealership and convert profits to the ferrari loss maker.

Can anyone show me a ferrari dealer on the planet that made their fortune selling ferraris
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...

Can anyone show me a ferrari dealer on the planet that made their fortune selling ferraris

Ferrari Dubai?
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Ferrari Dubai?

hmmmmm, did they start off with a big fortune

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

hmmmmm, did they start off with a big fortune

You'd have to start off with a decent fortune to even consider opening a dealership, surely.. Even the dealers in California would have had money before they opened. I wouldnt look at opening one in Adelaide.