Offline carl888

• Soap Dropper
  • Get her groggy, do her doggy

• Drives: OHOS
  • Name: Carl Jones
Congratulations!

A very nice and unusual car here in Australia.  You must be David S (We had a chat some years back) so it's good to see the new machine.

Looks like you bought it from Arthur, I was there two weeks back sniffing around, they had another 308 GTB Qv there which looked quite nice.

Regards,

Carl.

Offline GTBqv.au

Congratulations!

A very nice and unusual car here in Australia.  You must be David S (We had a chat some years back) so it's good to see the new machine.

Looks like you bought it from Arthur, I was there two weeks back sniffing around, they had another 308 GTB Qv there which looked quite nice.

Regards,

Carl.

Indeed, I am he. Took me a while but I have finally succumbed. JC says he wants to take me on a run so he can outpace me in his batmobile. Hopefully we can catch up then.

Visiting Kent eh... you will be be grateful to be home no doubt.  ;)

Offline carl888

• Soap Dropper

Indeed, I am he. Took me a while but I have finally succumbed. JC says he wants to take me on a run so he can outpace me in his batmobile. Hopefully we can catch up then.

Visiting Kent eh... you will be be grateful to be home no doubt.  ;)

Ha ha, hi David, Well, Kent is fine, compared to Slough!

Why don't you come on the next run with JC and me?

Offline GTBqv.au

Why don't you come on the next run with JC and me?

JC has worded me up. I am very keen. JC is between jobs so will email him tonight to see if he wants to join us for this

https://aussieexotics.com/forum/aussie-exotics-lounge/apollo-bay-luncheon-wed-8-oct-t2418.0.html;msg34526#new

Offline carl888

• Soap Dropper

JC has worded me up. I am very keen. JC is between jobs so will email him tonight to see if he wants to join us for this

https://aussieexotics.com/forum/aussie-exotics-lounge/apollo-bay-luncheon-wed-8-oct-t2418.0.html;msg34526#new

Whoops, why didn't I know about that?

Offline GTBqv.au

Now you do, details on the other thread. Come along.

Went for my first run in the new car out to GOR today. Lunch at the Bay Leaf Cafe in Apollo Bay, which I can heartily recommend. I had salt and pepper squid on a parsley and dill risotto and it was great.

Did not compare to the drive out. Traffic was pretty good, only a few bikes left over from the GP but all in all a good run. Car sang.  :D I am happier about giving it a bit more curry now, deeper into the corners and loading it up more through the faster bends. Did not disappoint. I had my MX5 as the benchmark for this road, but despite its age and the extra weight the agility and feedback from the 308 is outrageously good. The high speed stability is night and day. Came home over the hill from Skenes Creek running through Birregurra parallel to the highway. Cruising at 90-120 (pommy spec car) with aplomb  :mischief:. Did have a few bottoming out incidents  :eek:  over a few of the bigger wumps mind. Will no doubt get the hang of reading the road a bit better in time. Aah.... young love  :melting:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Now you do, details on the other thread. Come along.

Went for my first run in the new car out to GOR today. Lunch at the Bay Leaf Cafe in Apollo Bay, which I can heartily recommend. I had salt and pepper squid on a parsley and dill risotto and it was great.

Did not compare to the drive out. Traffic was pretty good, only a few bikes left over from the GP but all in all a good run. Car sang.  :D I am happier about giving it a bit more curry now, deeper into the corners and loading it up more through the faster bends. Did not disappoint. I had my MX5 as the benchmark for this road, but despite its age and the extra weight the agility and feedback from the 308 is outrageously good. The high speed stability is night and day. Came home over the hill from Skenes Creek running through Birregurra parallel to the highway. Cruising at 90-120 (pommy spec car) with aplomb  :mischief:. Did have a few bottoming out incidents  :eek:  over a few of the bigger wumps mind. Will no doubt get the hang of reading the road a bit better in time. Aah.... young love  :melting:

good on ya!

see you on the next run!

I love my car. Buy your own