Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Yes, but I'm always thinking about new cars! :D

Aren't we all. I don't even want to tell you the price and then the Euro price - quite disturbing.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

From FChat...

1415 kg dry weight, no GTO badge, steering of the rear wheels, 780 hp, 0-100 km/h in 2,9 sec, aggressive Design, 230 kg downforce, electronically adjustable flaps at the rear diffusor, small wings in front, front bumper splitted, lots of Carbon Fiber exterior and interior on standard model, Looks very agressive, front wheels 275in! Car is beatiful and Looks analogue to the 599 gto vs the gtb; manifolds variable for better Compresion at higher speeds/ revs;

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
From FChat...

1415 kg dry weight, no GTO badge, steering of the rear wheels, 780 hp, 0-100 km/h in 2,9 sec, aggressive Design, 230 kg downforce, electronically adjustable flaps at the rear diffusor, small wings in front, front bumper splitted, lots of Carbon Fiber exterior and interior on standard model, Looks very agressive, front wheels 275in! Car is beatiful and Looks analogue to the 599 gto vs the gtb; manifolds variable for better Compresion at higher speeds/ revs;

rear wheel steering? I do believe that's a first for Ferrari!

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'm guessing 'analogue' should be 'analogous' for this to make sense.

Offline E7ITE

Why?

To reach a greater market that can afford it, thus leading to greater profit?

One special loyal customer will still only buy one special edition, 99% of the time.  Whereas opening up the order books to anyone who could afford the special editions would generate more loyal customers and more profit.

Referring back to my post above, the individual here really really wanted a LaFer but wasn't invited to purchase, even though he has the means to.  If this snub turns him off Ferrari and he becomes a loyal customer of another brand, will it have been worth it for Ferrari? 

I guess they are at a level now that they don't have to care, but one day it could, COULD come back to bite them in the arse.

But what do I know  :p

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

To reach a greater market that can afford it, thus leading to greater profit?

One special loyal customer will still only buy one special edition, 99% of the time.  Whereas opening up the order books to anyone who could afford the special editions would generate more loyal customers and more profit.

Referring back to my post above, the individual here really really wanted a LaFer but wasn't invited to purchase, even though he has the means to.  If this snub turns him off Ferrari and he becomes a loyal customer of another brand, will it have been worth it for Ferrari? 

I guess they are at a level now that they don't have to care, but one day it could, COULD come back to bite them in the arse.

But what do I know  :p

I see your point but most companies give special treatment to their best customers, and getting first dibs on rare new models is part of that. 

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/247182

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Do Ferrari have any problem selling all the cars that they make? They probably dont care about brand loyalty at the moment. They probably feel that they have plenty of brand loyalty as it is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
F12 GTO?

A local Ferrari owner here had a rant on FB that if he wasn't offered the chance to get the GTO or some other thing, he'd never buy another Fezza again.

What crap, they had unsold 599 GTO's when ATECO left the party. I think there were 2 zero mileage cars that were quietly sold to other dealers who sold them at a discount. Shack's mate in Sydney sold one of them.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Do Ferrari have any problem selling all the cars that they make? They probably dont care about brand loyalty at the moment. They probably feel that they have plenty of brand loyalty as it is.

They limit supply to give the impression that they are exclusive.
I put in a written expression of interest on the "Enzo successor" when I had the F50 and the Enzo was still in production. Listed my history which was a couple of new Maseratis and 10 new and 2nd hand Ferraris over a 30 odd year period . Never got the call and never chased it up as I am not a hybrid fan and the landed price was stupid.

Makes you wonder just who qualifies though!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Never got the call and never chased it up as I am not a hybrid fan and the landed price was stupid.

Pity as you'd have made a tidy profit without bringing it here.