Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

saw a lovely 512BB last night...for sale for GBP125k. everyone agrees that the higher prices for them was a long time coming.

amazing that no-one would give me the 32k pounds I would have taken for it just 18 months ago....

but hey, I'm not going to worry about that.... I got more for it (once shipped here) without even complying or registering it, OR servicing it OR doing the sodium valves.. than I thought I would after spending the ~$40k on it!

The guy knows all that, and STILL twisted my arm till even I couldn't resist any longer.

AND, it probably worth 10-15k more now than when he bought it from me!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

air fare, $200.00. that's what's amazing...i was here (well...in europe) anyway!....oh....plus GBP15 for a train....so that figure is pretty insignificant. of course that was just fluke timing and lucky for me.

accom free...staying with friends. i'm shouting my hosts dinner tonight...does that count?

time factor is nothing! this has been a holiday. a few phone calls to find a car. none appeared to be ghosts.

bought car....money transfer over the internet to his sydney bank...FREE

drive around for a few days and drop it off for shipping.

of course it's fully insured. just over $1000.00 for full loss and damage.

i already told you what the final cost will be...a lot less than $80k all up....i'll let you know when i'm finished.

actually...i could have done this WITHOUT coming over, now that i think about it. driving the car here and being here has just been a bonus.

anyway...you were quite wrong about them costing 100k landed...there is absolutely no way it could cost that without seriously overpaying for the car.

regardless, whether it costs $50k or $150k, that will certainly have no effect on what the market value is in AUS...and actually, i really don't know (or care right now) what that is.

the car is like every other ferrari i've ever bought...it needs "stuff" done to it...but belts and valve clearances were done recently. STACK of receipts. the documentation i got with it is ridiculously extensive.

this is a good, honest car....exactly as described and it was the easiest deal of all time...even the vendor said that.

of course, it might break down on the way to the docks....then i'll be typing up a whole different story.

You now it will not be worth as much as an Australian delivered car.  :D

That seems to be what people have said in the past.

:drive:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
you called it "rough" too...

you're really quite nasty when you're jealous (which is all the time regarding anything I do)

lol

really

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Aircon

amazing that no-one would give me the 32k pounds I would have taken for it just 18 months ago....

but hey, I'm not going to worry about that.... I got more for it (once shipped here) without even complying or registering it, OR servicing it OR doing the sodium valves.. than I thought I would after spending the ~$40k on it!

The guy knows all that, and STILL twisted my arm till even I couldn't resist any longer.

AND, it probably worth 10-15k more now than when he bought it from me!

yep

Offline Aircon

convex wheels.

actually, i like them. i chose this car on purpose...because in my opinion it's got the best of everything, including more modern wheels.

but that's just a matter of taste

Offline Aircon

You now it will not be worth as much as an Australian delivered car.  :D

That seems to be what people have said in the past.

:drive:

i'm pretty sure that's correct.

there's always feeling against non aussie cars...even if you couldn't get them in the first place, like this one.

to be frank, i really don't know.

until i want to sell it...it doesn't really matter either.

however, i'll lose a lot less with it owing me <$80k than if i'd listened to aunty phil.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
actually, i like them. i chose this car on purpose...because in my opinion it's got the best of everything, including more modern wheels.

I haven't really spent time looking at the 328s, but I know on the 348 I definitely prefer the concave by a long shot.

i'm not too sure about that.

there's always feeling against non aussie cars...even if you couldn't get them in the first place, like this one.

to be frank, i really don't know.

You know, I'm not 100% sure but I reckon it was you who said you'd never buy another non-Aussie car because of the problems involved in selling it.  I think it was something to do with one of your Porsches.

Offline Aircon

I haven't really spent time looking at the 328s, but I know on the 348 I definitely prefer the concave by a long shot.

You know, I'm not 100% sure but I reckon it was you who said you'd never buy another non-Aussie car because of the problems involved in selling it.  I think it was something to do with one of your Porsches.

correct....find me an aussie 328GTB and i'll sell this one and buy it.

thanks.

Offline Aircon

hmmmm...the river Thames is quite large, isn't it?

i went over it today...cost a pound each way. thieving bastards!

it's ace sitting on 90mph everywhere.

i might continue doing that when i get home.