Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
new or not, gunna have to call BS on this one  :D

Yeah, I would too if someone told me, but I inspected the car closely - I've never seen a 30yo car that was this perfect... Even the guy who brought his Testarossa couldn't stop going on about it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
but this isn't the rest of the world.

here aussie cars, rightly or wrongly, attract a premium.

and the more original, the better, subject to condition etc.

i heard the engine rebuild was done by someone who's blind. any truth in that??

www.pless.com.au/mechanics.htm

No, Aussie car prices depend on the buyer. There are a lot of ex pat Poms and kiwi that know which is better, and will gladly pay reflected  world market price, knowing the car is actually a better one...

dry sump cars not only have dry sump... they run lower oil temps too, and have single dizzy meaning greater reliability and less maintenance.. whilst maintaining originality (and not one of the BSM single coil chev dizzy caps with holes drilled to mount the control boxes)

well, FYI, I didn't do the rebuild... so you better get your research and facts sorted out.

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

Yeah, I would too if someone told me, but I inspected the car closely - I've never seen a 30yo car that was this perfect... Even the guy who brought his Testarossa couldn't stop going on about it!

looks great.  be it a mega dollar exotic or a humble X19....i can always appreciate a 'time warp' car
Team <200mph

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

(and not one of the BSM single coil chev dizzy caps with holes drilled to mount the control boxes)

they seem to work perfectly though...
Team <200mph

• Soap Dodger

they seem to work perfectly though...

absolutely... but drilling holes in baulkheads and moving other ancillaries away from originality, is not... err... original.. Just depends what you want.

BSM system is great in operation, just not original in appearance or function, and equally reliable/performing systems can be used with greater attention to originality.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
No, Aussie car prices depend on the buyer. There are a lot of ex pat Poms and kiwi that know which is better, and will gladly pay reflected  world market price, knowing the car is actually a better one...

what a load of crap that is!

dry sump cars not only have dry sump... they run lower oil temps too, and have single dizzy meaning greater reliability and less maintenance.. whilst maintaining originality (and not one of the BSM single coil chev dizzy caps with holes drilled to mount the control boxes)

lower oil temps?? yeah...that's important....all those 308s at the FCA days doing those 2 flying laps....overheating their oil...phew!!

single dizzy with what sort of advance? mechanical?? oh goodie.

i'll have the BSM system thanks, and when i want to go back to original, well i'll be sure to reinstall my distributors....gee...dying to do that!!

well, FYI, I didn't do the rebuild... so you better get your research and facts sorted out.

i only quote facts.

haven't you learnt that yet?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Aircon

isnt goobs a full house dry sump jobbie too though?

no..aussie car

Offline Aircon

absolutely... but drilling holes in baulkheads and moving other ancillaries away from originality, is not... err... original.. Just depends what you want.

BSM system is great in operation, just not original in appearance or function, and equally reliable/performing systems can be used with greater attention to originality.

lol...you have no idea what you're talking about.

i had no holes drilled in my "baulkhead"

let me guess...you just happen to sell a far superior system??

what about a set of CCBs?

• Soap Dodger

what a load of crap that is!

lower oil temps?? yeah...that's important....all those 308s at the FCA days doing those 2 flying laps....overheating their oil...phew!!

single dizzy with what sort of advance? mechanical?? oh goodie.

i'll have the BSM system thanks, and when i want to go back to original, well i'll be sure to reinstall my distributors....gee...dying to do that!!

i only quote facts.

haven't you learnt that yet?

crap..?  to an aussie maybe. But I'll say it agaian, and elaborate... many ex pats and motorsport enthusiasts appreciate and seek the dry sump cars for some purposes.

Yes, oil temps can be a problem on track days, not just oil pressure. if you have a wet sump.

Single dizzy mech advance is fine if set up every 10-15 years... the problem with twin dizzies is that that go out of synch with each other(making the engine run unevenly), and NOT that they go out of time overall...

But when you re-install your original dizzies, you'll have holes and damage where it was installed...

no, you struggle with facts, as demonstrated frequently.

• Soap Dodger

i had no holes drilled in my "baulkhead"

let me guess...you just happen to sell a far superior system??

what about a set of CCBs?

ok, then good. the other cars I've seen with BSM have all had holes/drillings /other "damage"... not my choice.

and no, I prefer points. My targa class winning car has points, and so does the most powerful 308 I've driven.. 310BHP... single dizzy dry sump points car apparently capable of revving to 9000rpm.. Cam McClean built engine... VERY nice indeed.

CCB's... would be great if available. Much greater modulation right up to the extreme co-efficient of friction, enabling reduced stopping distsnce from any given tyre.