Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
What's BSM...?  It's suspiciously close to BDSM... :eek:

...the most powerful 308 I've driven.. 310BHP...

Have you ever spoken to MK E on fchat?  Some time ago he supercharged a 308 and has lots to talk about on that - but he also put a 500 cubic inch caddilac engine in an X1/9, so he's clearly deranged!

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

Have you ever spoken to MK E on fchat?  Some time ago he supercharged a 308 and has lots to talk about on that - but he also put a 500 cubic inch caddilac engine in an X1/9, so he's clearly deranged!

bleck stallion
Team <200mph

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

originality issues aside, the horniest 308s ive seen are the 288GTO bodied things.  one bloke had a TT 355 engine in one...mahh goodness
Team <200mph

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

BSM=Black Stallion Motors... but we have to be very careful here...

There have been legal wranglings.. 3 different parties claim ownership of the distributor rights, that I'm aware of.

MK-E... not spoken to him, but read a bit.

kinda not my scene.. I'm an originalilty fan

if you want to go fast, buy an Evo 9. Don't molest a "rare" car.

Offline waz356

the dutton car is a dry sump, with extensive service history, recent engine rebuild and concourse results of merit.

in the rest of the world at least, they are worth considerably more... perhaps 10%, than an equivalent wet sump car.

and Goobers car was original down to the plastic on the doors and the original tyres (though i'm not sure how 30yo tyres is a plus).

a 10% premium for a dry sump car may be true in Europe or the US assuming there is a choice of the two, but I very much doubt that would be the case in Australia.

in the Porsche world, an Aussie delivered car will always outsell any import.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Don't molest a "rare" car.

LOL - you so wish you were on fchat to argue!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
crap..?  to an aussie maybe. But I'll say it agaian, and elaborate... many ex pats and motorsport enthusiasts appreciate and seek the dry sump cars for some purposes.

ummmmm.....that's very nice for them...but i think saying most of the buyers would be aussie by a rather large margin wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Yes, oil temps can be a problem on track days, not just oil pressure. if you have a wet sump.

except pretty much nobody take them to the track, which was my point, actually....and in two laps?? no way, hose "a'

oil pressure....well....according to some, overfilling by a bit solves that, but gleggy's baffle is the way to go for only a couple of hundred dollars.

Single dizzy mech advance is fine if set up every 10-15 years... the problem with twin dizzies is that that go out of synch with each other(making the engine run unevenly), and NOT that they go out of time overall...

that totally makes no sense.

the distributors themselves don't move.

so...if they can go out of sync with eachother, then the timing in them must change....if that can happen with two, then, clearly, it happens with one. if the timing changes, then that's bad.

they advance curve changes all the time with weights....it's a bloody joke. and 10-15 years???? i know you're delusional, but surely not even YOU believe that.

But when you re-install your original dizzies, you'll have holes and damage where it was installed...

wrong. get your facts right before you mouth off.

no, you struggle with facts, as demonstrated frequently.

oh looky! see above.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline waz356

if you want to go fast, buy an Evo 9. Don't molest a "rare" car.

best thing you've ever written  :thumbsup:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

and Goobers car was original down to the plastic on the doors and the original tyres (though i'm not sure how 30yo tyres is a plus).

a 10% premium for a wet sump car may be true in Europe or the US assuming there is a choice of the two, but I very much doubt that would be the case in Australia.

in the Porsche world, an Aussie delivered car will always outsell any import.

Plastic on the doors just means the car was never pre delivery inspected proplerly.. hardly  a glowing testimony to service history.. but cute none the less.

err, you mean 10% premium for dry sump. Depends on the buyer (and the global economy.. curently in Oz favour of course)

Porches, pfft, who hasn't got one already?

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

best thing you've ever written  :thumbsup:

i dunno...baulkhead is close  :p
Team <200mph