Offline Quinny

Here are a few pics from the Ferrari drive day I did with Prancing Horse in NSW.

Offline Modeler

Looks great.
Did your's include lunch?
Looking at the site they seem very strict on any drinking. Breathe test pre start etc.
No chance of a beer with lunch then I guess?
Have been considering doing it in august, doing the Bowral run, as a way to experience driving a range, get a feel for the different models etc.

Offline Quinny

Looks great.
Did your's include lunch?
Looking at the site they seem very strict on any drinking. Breathe test pre start etc.
No chance of a beer with lunch then I guess?
Have been considering doing it in august, doing the Bowral run, as a way to experience driving a range, get a feel for the different models etc.

Yes, it includes breakfast and lunch. They told us we would get breath tested, but we didn't - just trying to scare us so we didn't show up hungover I guess.

I did the south coast run, but unfortunately the place they usually go in Bowral was booked out so we went down to Gerringong for lunch instead. Great run through the Royal National Park, Jamberoo etc. Absolutely fantastic day - I would recommend it to anyone.

Driving the various cars was really cool - the F355 was a fantastic car that you could use every day. The 360 was not the best car for traffic, but on an open road it was brilliant. The F430 is the stuff dreams are made of... the best of the F355 and 360 with none of the bad bits... Going from the F430 to the 328 really spoiled the experience of the 328, it was very small and felt very agricultural in comparison to the others, but still a great car in its own right.

I will be going again soon, I will do the Hunter Valley run. I don't know when, they are hoping to get hold of a new Ferrari California by the end of the year, and there is talk of retiring the 328 in favour of a 348.

Offline dkabab

looks like you had a great time!

what was this package worth? im assuimg there were 4 paying people there?

Offline Quinny

looks like you had a great time!

what was this package worth? im assuimg there were 4 paying people there?

You go in groups of 8, so you spend some of the time driving and some as passenger - averages out to about 1 hour driving each car. $770 with breakfast, lunch and fuel included. The best part is that they don't care how hard you thrash the cars as long as you don't hurt them.

Offline dkabab

You go in groups of 8, so you spend some of the time driving and some as passenger - averages out to about 1 hour driving each car. $770 with breakfast, lunch and fuel included. The best part is that they don't care how hard you thrash the cars as long as you don't hurt them.

i think this is going to have to be my birthday present to myself

Offline Quinny

i think this is going to have to be my birthday present to myself

I bought it as a Xmas pressie for myself, and it was the best $770 I ever spent.

We were having so much fun - stopping 3 lanes of peak hour traffic in Marrickville just so we could have a race and other crazy stuff like that... Let's just say that all the road rules went straight out the window, and we *may* have exceeded the speed limit slightly.....

I know how irresponsible that sounds, but it is very easy to get carried away, it is a miracle that none of us got booked....

Offline Modeler

Careful, your first fix of Ferrari is not something to take lightly.
 Knowing they are, is not the same as craving it in your life every day.

But yeah, birthday is in august. Like I need an excuse.

Do they drive the lead car?

Offline Quinny

Do they drive the lead car?

Yeah they are in one of the 328s. Their only rule was not to overtake the lead car. They don't care what goes on behind them, just don't hurt the cars.... They were driving pretty sensibly through some nice pieces of road, so we would slow down and let them get ahead, then give a boot to catch up again. Awesome fun!