Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I see a door ever so slightly ajar here. Expect some heavy pressure next time we are all together. :D

LOL :)

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Very cool. From the glamour years.  :thumbsup:
I was lucky I had a grandmother who was a serious overseas traveler ,I must get her passbook it would be huge the amount of overseas entries .

When she sold her business her overseas trips became pleasure ,before that with business she would fly to Hong Kong monthly from memory .

I was lucky several trips to Europe before the age  of 12 ,when most kids were lucky enough to go to Mt Martha for a weekend.

Great memories.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Vic is definitely no fun anymore, I hardly use my cars in my home state these days. Thank God we have Tassie just over the horizon.
word of warning , a mate and his friends on there bikes (touring bikes BMWs/KTMS) were met at Devonport last at the ferry entry as you pass through customs by Police. Within the last month.

There Dl numbers were taken and they were spoken too about road behaviour.

Buy yes VIC is a joke ,waste of time having a fast drive here,thats why i kept the old E-type with the roof down 110ks feels like 140.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

word of warning , a mate and his friends on there bikes (touring bikes BMWs/KTMS) were met at Devonport last at the ferry entry as you pass through customs by Police. Within the last month.

There Dl numbers were taken and they were spoken too about road behaviour.

Buy yes VIC is a joke ,waste of time having a fast drive here,thats why i kept the old E-type with the roof down 110ks feels like 140.

That has always been going on, ever since my Targa days back in the dark ages.
It is very easy for the Police to find you should they be so inclined. Tassie has only one road down a large part of the West Coast and all they have to do is set up in one of the towns that it runs through. Similarly, a mainland car has only one way to get home over the water. No doubt they are in regular contact with the boys at the dock who pass on the details when a requested car turns up for boarding.

At the end of the day Tassie is not a race track and as long as you are not being a complete moron the Police are very reasonable. They know that Tassie only exists because of tourism dollars and a polite conversation normally curbs any inconsiderate behaviour.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

That has always been going on, ever since my Targa days back in the dark ages.
It is very easy for the Police to find you should they be so inclined. Tassie has only one road down a large part of the West Coast and all they have to do is set up in one of the towns that it runs through. Similarly, a mainland car has only one way to get home over the water. No doubt they are in regular contact with the boys at the dock who pass on the details when a requested car turns up for boarding.

At the end of the day Tassie is not a race track and as long as you are not being a complete moron the Police are very reasonable. They know that Tassie only exists because of tourism dollars and a polite conversation normally curbs any inconsiderate behaviour.
Agree like you I've been down there many times on car runs ,great part of the world a meka for car people and they know it.

I'm down there latter in the year for 5 days ,old Jag again. or maybe the little Alfa.

I might see if Morriittee want's to sign up again...now where talking  :D :D

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I absolutely LOVE Tassie, not sure if it comes from living there for 5 years during Uni in the 80's or all the great times I have had there since.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I absolutely LOVE Tassie, not sure if it comes from living there for 5 years during Uni in the 80's or all the great times I have had there since.
my last photo is a nice bit of road on the way to St helens from memory, people say its cold the melbourne side is similar to Melbourne in terms of weather ,have you tried the lark malt?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Tassie is incredible. Every time I go there, it smacks my gob. You could drive it every weekend and still find something to blow your mind. On this last trip, I did a PB of kms covered in 2 days - nearly 1,500 - and still had time to burn. I might leave the RS in Melbourne for a while so I can sneak some day trips.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Leave it Tasmania and fly in. Day tripping level 8.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Tassie is incredible. Every time I go there, it smacks my gob. You could drive it every weekend and still find something to blow your mind. On this last trip, I did a PB of kms covered in 2 days - nearly 1,500 - and still had time to burn. I might leave the RS in Melbourne for a while so I can sneak some day trips.
What I like about it is you feel after a few days that the car has been working ,its dirty ,its been worked hard .

Its like stepping back in time ,the way driving a car was all about .