Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari

I'm in the process of purchasing a 360 in Sydney and would like to transport it from Syd-Brisbane. I've priced Hortons ($1200), can anyone recommend anyone else that will treat the car well and get to me in good shape?
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I'm in the process of purchasing a 360 in Sydney and would like to transport it from Syd-Brisbane. I've priced Hortons ($1200), can anyone recommend anyone else that will treat the car well and get to me in good shape?

You mean Nortons?

That's as good a price as you'll get for the quality of service.

CEVA will do it cheaper, but the service and care won't be as good.

I run a private hire "limo" truck service, but I would be more expensive than Nortons AND I'm Melbourne based anyway.

360's are very wide, and they often need to be driven in to the truck if the laod angle is steep... so then the driver can't get out very easily/at all... so they get pushed/handled which is where the problems begin....

Nortons truck is wide but the load angle is steep... but they can get out as it's wide enough.  CEVA trucks are flat load but narrow body trucks.

My truck is both wide and flat load.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline Iggy_Type_R

Old Pacific Hwy, then the roads west of Nimbin up to Qld... i'd rather drive!!!  :D

Offline Pazzo Canguro

• COFFEE AND CARS...What more is their? Oh Women!!

Congrats vegas, hope 2 see it on the road in brizzy.

On the issue of the cost, i would just pay it. I mean you have BOUGHT a ferrari you know, they arent a couple of bucks anyhow...

I am sure you will be happy.....i wish i was buying a ferrari.....dam gold lotto....FARK... :thumbsup:

Offline Pazzo Canguro

I dont know i am just throwing this one in the air but do these guys do interstate???

Austorient Motorsport Logistics.

read their posts a couple of times...maybe the just do international i dont know...???

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I dont know i am just throwing this one in the air but do these guys do interstate???

Austorient Motorsport Logistics.

read their posts a couple of times...maybe the just do international i dont know...???

They use sub contracted services, like Nortons, CEVA, myself etc

Offline Pazzo Canguro

Oh Ok thanks for the correction....i was just reading her post before and thought it might of use to him.
Good to know thier is other people on the ball.   :thumbsup:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
As ferrarifixer said, Ceva pricing will be good but you'll have no control over how it is treated.

The last car I arranged to be transported, we got lucky and found our usual local guy had someone already going to Melbourne, so backhauled it to Sydney on what would have otherwise been an empty truck.  And they matched Ceva's quote to do it.

So you can get lucky like that if you're not in a hurry.  But I realise that's unlikely if this is your own pride and joy you're waiting on!

I've just finished tweaking Al's 360 and returned it to him, so if it wasn't for my new born, I'd offer to do it for you!

Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari

Thanks for the advice guys. Yes I did mean Nortons (note the time of the message 6am, B4 coffee). I think I'll go with them. I'll have plenty of other silly questions in future.
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.