Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
LK paid Sandro $70k for work that never started? I don't wish to be critical of victims, we can all get drawn in by people we trust and who we assume to be honest, but that would hit me as a massive warning sign that things would only get much worse if I stuck around.

That's another story altogether.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Aircon

So the kicker is this...Sandro's barrister managed, AFTER all the evidence was finished with, to destroy LK's credibility by asserting that he was lying to save his neck. That was a smokescreen though......because the crime Sandro was accused of was selling the car to and taking money from FG.

So what is DEFINITELY agreed on by Sandro and LK is that at a minimum $70k was given to Sandro towards the purchase of the black QM and Sandro knew there was finance against the car. Forget about their respective versions of how that happened and what the deal was, those two facts are agreed upon.

So the crime, if there was one, was Sandro taking $120k from FG as 50% payment for the black QM and offering clear title, unencumbered and no lien.

There is no way known, in my mind, that someone who's been in the car game for almost 30 years and who has borrowed money and paid it back for various things could possibly believe that he could sell that car "unencumbered and no lien" when even HE admits that there was finance on it and LK had 'an invested interest" of at least $70k.

Thoughts?

Online allanuber

• Name: Al

Sounds like it fell to the legal interpretation that the 'sale' has not happened at this point - just a deposit without documentation and different interpretations, and non-binding.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Sounds like it fell to the legal interpretation that the 'sale' has not happened at this point - just a deposit without documentation and different interpretations, and non-binding.

Hang on, LK already had Rego on it, Club rego, but still have rego on it in his name(????)

Offline Aircon

Hang on, LK already had Rego on it, Club rego, but still have rego on it in his name(????)

club rego AND finance....and a receipt for payment.

Offline Aircon

There is some controversy about who the owner is. LK owned it if he paid in full as he claims, but Sandro owned it if it was only part payment. EITHER way, there was financial interest in the car by others.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

There is some controversy about who the owner is. LK owned it if he paid in full as he claims, but Sandro owned it if it was only part payment. EITHER way, there was financial interest in the car by others.

So what's the deal with the car now??? Who has it? I'm guessing LK is out of pocket AND has no car??

Offline Aircon

So what's the deal with the car now??? Who has it? I'm guessing LK is out of pocket AND has no car??

LK has the car and the engine.

FG who paid  Sandro $120k has nothing in return for that outlay. THAT'S what the charges were about...nothing to do with LK. That was just to muddy the waters for the jury IMO, and it worked.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

LK has the car and the engine.

FG who paid  Sandro $120k has nothing in return for that outlay. THAT'S what the charges were about...nothing to do with LK. That was just to muddy the waters for the jury IMO, and it worked.

Ah, OK so LK at least got out of it with something..................FG got screwed and I am guessing there's not a lot that he can do now. 

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Any update on the first case and the status of the car?