Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Syphon the fuel out the GT for some extra oomph. :)

A chip tune is a possibility but I dont really trust them.

That enormous slab of steel 430s have to stiffen the body.. near the front firewall underneath.. change that for titanium.. :tilt: ... save at least 10kg there.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Syphon the fuel out the GT for some extra oomph. :)

A chip tune is a possibility but I dont really trust them.

That enormous slab of steel 430s have to stiffen the body.. near the front firewall underneath.. change that for titanium.. :tilt: ... save at least 10kg there.

I don't trust them either.

Is that what that panel underneath is for ?? It looks like it came off the friggin' Titanic !!!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I don't trust them either.

Is that what that panel underneath is for ?? It looks like it came off the friggin' Titanic !!!

It would certainly sink an ocean liner...

yeah, it's justa  stiffener to reduce twist. 360s are quite bendy... in fact Veloqx tested your very own 360 N-GT for twist and it barely registered on the gauge it was so floppy....! Admittedly, that was after one of the shunts and it was very well fixer uppered after that.

One of the old Veloqx mechanics now works at DK Engineering.... it might be worth contacting him of you want some more stories.... I can put you in touch... "Shagger" his name.... no really.....

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Phil, remember what I said a couple of days ago to you at your joint?! Scud is definitely a great car to have for fun.

Offline JJ

As far as the 16M is concerned, the only issue is some degraded hoses, some screws that have wound themselves out of the rear grill and a few rear upper body bolts that have corroded due to poor drainage.

The 16M badge on the dash also discoloured after 2 years.  Was replaced and the new one is still perfect.  Quite strange.  It had the appearance of corrosion under the cleared finish.  I have a photo somewhere if anyone's interested.

Only mods are Novitec Springs and Capristo exhaust.

Offline Joel

As far as the 16M is concerned, the only issue is some degraded hoses, some screws that have wound themselves out of the rear grill and a few rear upper body bolts that have corroded due to poor drainage.

The 16M badge on the dash also discoloured after 2 years.  Was replaced and the new one is still perfect.  Quite strange.  It had the appearance of corrosion under the cleared finish.  I have a photo somewhere if anyone's interested.

Would love to see a pic.. I have only seen one in real life once.. awesome car

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Why Novitec springs? You can lower it without changing them.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
No, the thing already has more power than you could ever really need on today's public roads. It's so fast that you are rarely able to keep the throttle nailed to the floor for more than a few seconds at a time.

I am very much of the "insert lightness, go faster" school of thought. Reducing a cars weight pays dividends across all aspects of the performance envelope, not just straight line punch. A standard Scuderia (depending upon options) is up to 110kg lighter than a normal F430. I've taken another 70kg out of mine (to 1300kg on empty tanks) with a series of mods that don't compromise comfort or usability. I reckon I can take out another 25kg by going to proper race seats at the expense of comfort. Then there are a couple more mods you could do (at big $$) that would drop about the same again.

It's also got an extra 35hp over standard by fitting a full Capristo exhaust system. Bonus is it now has remotely activated exhaust valves so it can be either stealthy or ground shaking depending on the mood.

I love it  :D

Remove that slab of metal and replace with carbon, strip the car to shell and send it over and replace parts with carbon.
Are the doors the same as a 360? If they are I'll make you carbon set.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Remove that slab of metal and replace with carbon, strip the car to shell and send it over and replace parts with carbon.
Are the doors the same as a 360? If they are I'll make you carbon set.

If that plate is there for stiffness, carbon fibre won't do the job I imagine. I still can't believe Ferrari would go for such a low tech solution on such a high tech car   :doh:

The doors are the same on both. My Michelotto has an even lighter version, I reckon the whole door would only weigh a couple of kg all up. The only trouble is it's a safety compromise as those doors are designed to be used with full roll cages. They have no intrusion bars and would shatter with any sort of a decent hit. The next thing to shatter without a full cage is the occupants  :scared:
I've thought about investigating whether you could incorporate the road cars intrusion bars in a 430 Challenge door; but it hasn't got past the "crazy idea" stage ATM. Another consideration would be you no longer have the practicality of windows and are stuck with that perspex sliding letterbox opening. Looks cool and all; but anyone who has used them knows how impractical they are. It would be a huge weight saving over standard though.

Offline Neru

Why Novitec springs? You can lower it without changing them.

Instead of getting springs why not get some kW v3, would be able to adjust the handling of the car the way you want it