Offline Neru

The other issue is that it would be a trip hazard, especially if look under the car whilst walking.

It's no different to having low pipework in a plant, paint in a fluro colour to make it easier to notice and signage for any outside people who aren't familiar with the area or just make them fill out a JSA  :p

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

That is a great idea.  I can see where NBTBRV8 is coming from by suggesting sinking the arms.  What you could do is just fill in the middle section between the ramps so there is no step.

Offline Tiger

That is a great idea.  I can see where NBTBRV8 is coming from by suggesting sinking the arms.  What you could do is just fill in the middle section between the ramps so there is no step.

I'll make them with pegs that lock into the floor and can easy be removed leaving the floor clear when under car work is needed.
Roll on summer

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Yeah spot on for me, I only have 360's that are low and need lift ramps.
What is overall height required in garage? We are looking at building a garage with lift out back and was thinking 3m would be high enough for the 360 with another car to fit under.......
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Tiger

What is overall height required in garage? We are looking at building a garage with lift out back and was thinking 3m would be high enough for the 360 with another car to fit under.......

My hoist is a clear floor type, the top of the cross beam is the max you can go. I can walk under my Cayenne when fully lifted no problem it's higher than 3mtr though I think it's 3.6mtr to the top of the beam. I'll check in the morning.
Roll on summer

Offline NBTBRV8

You need a minimum of 4 metres for one without a cross brace on the floor.  A bit less if it has a floor cross brace.

Offline Tiger

My hoist will take 5 ton with 3600mm to the top of the cross beam. As you can see in the picture you have shit loads of room to park a car under a 360. The height of a 360 is 1200mm on the outriggers with a little bit of clearance in that so you have 2400mm of free parking space underneath to play with.

Although I would recommend you use a four post if storage is your plan for long term. I don't like the idea of loading up the arms on a two post for a long time.
Roll on summer

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Wow, I've only got 3m height.......gonna be a challenge to get a hoist in by the looks of things 😩😩😩
Everything looks better in carbon fibre