Offline F40LMGTC

• Rock star

Recently, I got a chance to drive my 512BB. I haven't done this for a long time, close to 2 years. One because I put sticky tyres on it years ago and turned it into basically a dog. Carl888 got some original XWX's and I put them back on the car. That has completely changed the car back to it's original road use self. In fact the car behaves so well on the road that it took me a year to get my mechanic (GV), to get OUT of my car and let me drive it. GV says it's the best boxer he has driven. Okay so I took it for a drive (something I have avoided doing because next to it, is an F40 and let's face it, if you had a chance to either, drive a 512BB or an F40, what would you pick. I think most people would pick an F40. HOWEVER, let me tell you, I now have a greater appreciation for a 512BB. It is one of the great classic Ferrari's. I think a 512 is a much better car to drive than any of it it's domestic predecessor's. I would rather own and drive a 512 than any other early Ferrari's, including Testa's, daytona and even a 275. And value for money, a 512 (at around $160K-$180K), is a great buy as a classic Ferrari. And the presence on the road is really good as well. It really is the fastest of all those cars  before it as well. The grunt factor is quite amazing for it's age. Okay so a boxer is not really a great car for a track anymore and let's face it, any Ferrari that is approaching 30 Years old, is not a great car to go and thrash around a track. (things can break after 30 years).
PP can you post those photo's of the 512 from como ?.(you know how to do that stuff.......I don't)

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
i think they're already here somewhere. Ash will post the link

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Aircon

OMG....i just realised that's my (now) GT4 in the background of that photo!

Offline Aircon

Recently, I got a chance to drive my 512BB. I haven't done this for a long time, close to 2 years. One because I put sticky tyres on it years ago and turned it into basically a dog. Carl888 got some original XWX's and I put them back on the car. That has completely changed the car back to it's original road use self. In fact the car behaves so well on the road that it took me a year to get my mechanic (GV), to get OUT of my car and let me drive it. GV says it's the best boxer he has driven. Okay so I took it for a drive (something I have avoided doing because next to it, is an F40 and let's face it, if you had a chance to either, drive a 512BB or an F40, what would you pick. I think most people would pick an F40. HOWEVER, let me tell you, I now have a greater appreciation for a 512BB. It is one of the great classic Ferrari's. I think a 512 is a much better car to drive than any of it it's domestic predecessor's. I would rather own and drive a 512 than any other early Ferrari's, including Testa's, daytona and even a 275. And value for money, a 512 (at around $160K-$180K), is a great buy as a classic Ferrari. And the presence on the road is really good as well. It really is the fastest of all those cars  before it as well. The grunt factor is quite amazing for it's age. Okay so a boxer is not really a great car for a track anymore and let's face it, any Ferrari that is approaching 30 Years old, is not a great car to go and thrash around a track. (things can break after 30 years).
PP can you post those photo's of the 512 from como ?.(you know how to do that stuff.......I don't)

i drove the white one to port campbell a few months ago.

they are awesome cars.

watching and listening to RB's the other night reinforced it.

if i didn't want 4 seats in my carby car, i would have definitely bought one again.

Offline waz356

at least the Boxer isn't white. we'd never hear the end of it. nice blue that - pity about the background...  :D

goober

at least the Boxer isn't white. we'd never hear the end of it. nice blue that - pity about the background...  :D
the tent look great.......what are you talking about

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
i think they're already here somewhere. Ash will post the link

I'm not sure... here's the pics 98Octane uploaded from the April 1th concourse, but I don't think there's any boxer shots in it, some F40 shots though.
---> https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/thumbnails-67.html

Offline Aircon

concour pics

Offline Aircon