Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

Careful Aidan, you're talking with a couple of people who have owned and lived with these cars and you're basing an opinion on....???  :confused:

thanks for the concern waz

if they are a lovely well behaved daily driver with no vices im all ears! 

everything ive read/heard suggests they are not, and even a 288GTO is a far more friendly road car.
Team <200mph

Offline F40LMGTC

• Rock star

a pig????

Aircon, you know, that unless you have driven or have owned an F40, people cannot have any comprehension of firstly, how fast that thing is and how, on that day in 1987 when Ferrari decided to build a car for Ferrari's fourtieth anniversary, every department at the factory.............GOT IT RIGHT.
I used to think my boxer was fast, until I owned an F40. If you said to someone that a car is twice as fast as a Boxer or a 355 or 360 on the open road, they would laugh. Until you own one and know the outrageous grunt that thing has, people have no idea.
remember the Millenium Falcon in starwars, jumping to light speed......................well that's an F40 when the turbo's come on. More power than you could possibly ever use on the open road.
And what about the presence on the road.  Still way better than a 430 or 599. And in 5 years when a 599 is worth half of what you paid for it, the F40 will be worth more than what you paid for it.  eg. ,  a 550 barchetta in 2002, was $690K. I bought my F40 for less than that. A barchetta is now worth under $300k.  

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

everything ive read/heard suggests they are not, and even a 288GTO is a far more friendly road car.

PP gave a nicely detailed account of the car a couple years ago on fchat when some kids with no idea were jumping up and down about how much of a pig they were and difficult to drive and uncomfortable and noisy etc.

Cliff's Notes was that it's a civilised car and easy and pleasant to drive.

Offline F40LMGTC

• Rock star

thanks for the concern waz

They are not well behaved (what does that mean anyway), they are a car that you have to hang onto or else.

Offline waz356

PP gave a nicely detailed account of the car a couple years ago on fchat when some kids with no idea were jumping up and down about how much of a pig they were and difficult to drive and uncomfortable and noisy etc.

how about a link? c'mon guru!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

an opinion expressed on fchat in the 288GTO thread backed by someone who has owned/driven both and seems to know the things like the back of his hand (joe sackey)

Which car is the better driver? The 288 GTO is by far the better driver... in fact.. it feels and drives very much like a modern Ferrari, without power steering... the seating position is actually quite good, effort, throttle response is better then the F40 IMHO... The F40 is the more extreme track oriented car.. but the 288 is the better driver.

its all relative, it may be quite a good car to drive on the road but it is surely far more focussed than something like say a porsche turbo - and thats my point.

i didnt say undriveable, i didnt say bucket of sh*t....i simply meant compared to many cars, harsher and far more focussed

anyway, how driveable they are is a personal, subjective thing and theres many who feel they are harsh, just as theres many who would happily drive one daily.

and just to clarify for Pea squared, by 'pig' i did not mean rubbish, or crap...but just much more raw and focussed than what most of us drive daily.
Team <200mph

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

the rest of the crap from here on was barely classic Ferrari related so went here:
---> http://aussieexotics.com/forum/off-topic/handbags-t590.0.html

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

thanks for leaving my clarification up in this main thread, ash.

pretty much settles it...the rest was silly
Team <200mph

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
the rest of the crap from here on was barely classic Ferrari related so went here:
---> http://aussieexotics.com/forum/off-topic/handbags-t590.0.html

phew...good idea (for once)
I love my car. Buy your own