Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

$230k for a 2006 F430!!!!!
That's not cheap, that's what I call "on the money"

This guy has worked out if he wants to move it that's where he has to start. People who really want to buy that type of car will take notice as the guy is displaying he is realistic and serious. All the people out there with F430's asking $259,000 and $269,000 are dreaming. (Sounds nicer than wanking!) In the main they will still be there in 6 months time crapping on with a whole bunch of lame excuses.

I am in the market for a Rosso Corso F430 Coupe (no convertibles please) Prefer black interior or tan. 2007 or 2008 model. FI. Must be Australian Dealer delivered. Less than 15,000km. I have the cash in my pocket and are expecting to pay $220,000 for the right car.

I am Brisbane based and will go to Sydney/Melbourne/Adelaide if the deal is right.

If you have the goods, send me a private message.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

This guy has worked out if he wants to move it that's where he has to start. People who really want to buy that type of car will take notice as the guy is displaying he is realistic and serious. All the people out there with F430's asking $259,000 and $269,000 are dreaming. (Sounds nicer than wanking!) In the main they will still be there in 6 months time crapping on with a whole bunch of lame excuses.

I am in the market for a Rosso Corso F430 Coupe (no convertibles please) Prefer black interior or tan. 2007 or 2008 model. FI. Must be Australian Dealer delivered. Less than 15,000km. I have the cash in my pocket and are expecting to pay $220,000 for the right car.

I am Brisbane based and will go to Sydney/Melbourne/Adelaide if the deal is right.

Guess you will be waiting a while before you want to buy then? You will really struggle to find a red 07/08 low milage 430 for 220k right now or in the immediate future. Then again you just need one desperate seller. You'd easily get an average condition 05 with 20 000 + milage for the money. But a newer car??? Chances are slim right now.

Online ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly

Hmmmm, I am in the market for the same thing and can't find it for that price either  :scratchchin:
But if a grey 430, 06 model is selling for $230k, How do you expect an 07/08 Red one with similar kms to sell for less?? I know people say colour doesn't matter, but it does...85% of buyers want red with an F1 gearbox...
I also have the cash in my pocket, ready to go, will travell anywhere etc, etc....but you need to meet the market....

Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari
Ferrarista2 & Tezza – I think you should buy a Scud and share. There’s a nice 2009 with additional CF etc on carpoint for $372K.

Offline TEZZA

Ferrarista2 & Tezza – I think you should buy a Scud and share. There’s a nice 2009 with additional CF etc on carpoint for $372K.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....................................
We would keep it half way at Coffs Harbour and fly in fly out for use.      lol

Guys I don't really think I am that far out of the money. Something perfect may make me pay a bit more- but not $20k more.

The economy is crap and I think things are going to get tougher. The property market could still have a big puke and that will scare the shit out of a lot of people. So in short I don't hear the band warming up with "happy days are here again" so if you have these cars and really need to sell them, then you are going to take a hit.

Now I know there are more people like Ferrarista2 and me trolling around like sharks looking for a victim, and who have the dosh. But I also think most of us are only going to do the deal on our terms.

Offline TEZZA

Hmmmm, I am in the market for the same thing and can't find it for that price either  :scratchchin:
But if a grey 430, 06 model is selling for $230k, How do you expect an 07/08 Red one with similar kms to sell for less?? I know people say colour doesn't matter, but it does...85% of buyers want red with an F1 gearbox...
I also have the cash in my pocket, ready to go, will travell anywhere etc, etc....but you need to meet the market....

Well he is asking $230k. Let's see if it is still there in 4 weeks.

The old joke is "
"why are there yellow and blue Ferrari's?"
Answer
"So your second one can be different"

I agree with you on the colour. Most Ferraris are red because most people who want a Ferrari want a red Ferrari. So in my observations over the years the red ones either sell quicker, get more money or both. It would be interesting to survey Ferrari owners. I bet 90%+ of first time Ferrari buyers, buy a red one. Second time maybe move to something else.

There is a very nice "red" one on car sales and has been there forever. It appears to be a very good car but it that Tomato Red and not Rosso. I believe if it was Rosso it would have sold way back. Same applies to that Scuderia Red. It looks orange when you see it...... UGLY.

All this shit is like wine and women. No right or wrong, just personal opinion and taste.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

The old joke is "
Answer

I agree with you on the colour. Most Ferraris are red because most people who want a Ferrari want a red Ferrari. So in my observations over the years the red ones either sell quicker, get more money or both. It would be interesting to survey Ferrari owners. I bet 90%+ of first time Ferrari buyers, buy a red one. Second time maybe move to something else.

There is a very nice "red" one on car sales and has been there forever. It appears to be a very good car but it that Tomato Red and not Rosso. I believe if it was Rosso it would have sold way back. Same applies to that Scuderia Red. It looks orange when you see it...... UGLY.

All this shit is like wine and women. No right or wrong, just personal opinion and taste.

100% of people who are gunna buy a ferrari definitely want a red one.

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

The old joke is "
Answer

Most people buy only red Ferraris because they have no imagination. It hasn't always been that way though, and in the early days of Ferrari history the cars were ordered in all shades, and red was just another colour. The factory team cars were almost always dark red which is the Italian national racing colour. Some team cars were Not red though.  Many of the  customer race cars were painted in the teams national race colours too. The "it must be red" phenomena came about in the 1970-1980's, perhaps influenced by the Magnum PI series which was hugely popular at the time.

I agree that the majority of buyers want red, just look at the production statistics. This particularly applies to the V8's but the V12 cars are often ordered in colours other than red.

My first Ferrari was dark metallic green (still own it), then it went blue, blue, red (race car), red, F1 red (race car), yellow, dark red. So personally I prefer non-red colours; but if you are buying 2nd hand it can be tough to buy anything but red, which account for my red cars :)

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

100% of people who are gunna buy a ferrari definitely want a red one.

Don't agree; but it's certainly the vast majority. There are people who just won't buy a red Ferrari because of the stereotype or they want something more low key.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Don't agree; but it's certainly the vast majority. There are people who just won't buy a red Ferrari because of the stereotype or they want something more low key.

I think the key word in there was gunna... :p