Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

We are glad you were not around. If you were, we wouldn't have been able to win anything :p 

I'm not sure I agree on the cost aspect with track days and the FCA. The club has a large membership base; but few are active and very, very few are interested in track days. In theory the club has the numbers to make it viable; but in practice it's lack of interest that is the issue.

On the cost of track days, I remember when the Fox's bought Phillip Island and a day went from a few grand to nearly ten grand in a short space of time.

I was referring to the $10K Fox track hire.  It's just too much for a small club.  They killed it.  But I do agree with interest.  I recall a  club meeting at MM a couple of years ago and there was spare money.  Vote, spend on track day or lunch.  Members chose lunch.  We live in a democracy.

Btw, I wouldn't assume anything in competition mate.  I'm flattered with your comments but we'll never know.  :)  One thing we can't do is go back, but I will take the OHOS to Tassie again and try and keep on one of the trips.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Seven very solid days on the fastest, least policed roads in Australia during the last fortnight and the most exotic car I saw was a previous model 3 series. I'm not sure what that proves, but I've decided its a bit silly owning a Ferrari if you don't take it out of town - and most don't.

I agree. When the day eventually arrives that the fun Police shut down Tassie I probably won't bother with exotic cars anymore.
I hardly used the Scuderia other than those 4 or 5 Tassie trips that I did in it. I think I did a few club runs and a track day and that was about it. It's just no fun living in the Police State :(

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I was referring to the $10K Fox track hire.  It's just too much for a small club.  They killed it.  But I do agree with interest.  I recall a  club meeting at MM a couple of years ago and there was spare money.  Vote, spend on track day or lunch.  Members chose lunch.  We live in a democracy.

"The members chose lunch"  Sadly that just about sums the FCA Vic up in a nutshell :rolleyes:

Btw, I wouldn't assume anything in competition mate.  I'm flattered with your comments but we'll never know.  :)  One thing we can't do is go back, but I will take the OHOS to Tassie and try and keep on one of the trips.

I've seen you in my Michelotto, I know trust me :p

You seemed to keep up just fine in Tassie as long as it wasn't up and down a mountain. It would be great to have you along on another trip :)

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
We are glad you were not around. If you were, we wouldn't have been able to win anything :p 

yep!! we were lucky the rest drove like old women. Helped stock my trophy cabinet not having Brett around.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

If and when they do capture that same driving experience I will happily buy the opposition.

Interesting point. I was getting @#$%^&*( around to such a point I had already called McLaren to go and see a 650S. Maybe next time I will not bother with Ferrari. As you say the others are really catching up...

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Touch wood, but I'm very happy with the post-sales support at Ferrari Adelaide. I wanted some oil, sent a text to the mechanic who, despite being on leave, organised a litre to be ready at reception for me to pick up.  I got a huge coffee table book for taking my car to the Speciale launch lunch (which was a condition of the sale anyway).  They seem to be working really hard over here.

Offline Tiger

Touch wood, but I'm very happy with the post-sales support at Ferrari Adelaide. I wanted some oil, sent a text to the mechanic who, despite being on leave, organised a litre to be ready at reception for me to pick up.  I got a huge coffee table book for taking my car to the Speciale launch lunch (which was a condition of the sale anyway).  They seem to be working really hard over here.

I tried to order some 458 parts from them and it like pulling teeth.
Roll on summer

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

why does a new car need a litre of engine oil
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.