3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: Mon, 01 Dec, 2008 - 23:22

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
MM had an article Top 10 Ferraris Ever. Heres the list (sorry...night photo from my mobile). What do you think?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I find it hard to vote with the choices given - I don't disagree with the list in any sort of normal internet way which normally includes the adjective "vehemently".

I can't say what I would have chosen - and either way I wouldn't have put them in order, just a top-ten.  But I can say most of the cars listed would have been in there.  The others...?  I'm too young/naive to know enough about them to include in my list.

So - Cliff's Notes - maybe what I'd have chosen for the most part, certainly not a what-were-they-thinking moment.  Either way - my vote doesn't count, so I'm voting anyway - just like in polotics (except in polotics I don't vote :p ).

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Sorry, gunna have to boycott this vote.

There is no Mondial in that list.   :mad:

Offline Red Lotus

• She's a year younger than my wife!

IMHO I would have the F40 a little higher than 10th. Certainly in the top 3. I also love the P4 (and the more modern one-off P4/5)- such a beautiful car! I would also like to see the 250 Testa Rossa in there.

Which means I have to remove two cars... FXX and 330 GTC

Offline Aircon

I don't see what's historically significant about a 599 or Scuderia. They're just the latest. The next one will be  better and then they'll possibly be forgotten. The 430 is better than a Dino, but still everyone loves a Dino...it's a classic and timeless beauty and deserves to be there.

The F40 was certainly an historically significant car.

What's the FXX doing there?

How can you not have cars like 250LM and GTO??

What about a testarossa? Maybe they're a little unloved by some now, but they're  a lot more histrorically significant than the Scuderia.

Anyway, i think there are more deserving cars than the FXX, 599 and Scud, that's for sure. It's too early for them to be on there.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Pretty much as above ^^^

There were too many models bandied about to think of any specifically for me - but the three you mentioned as not deserving a spot (599, FXX, Scud) also popped out at me - although I think Scud is borderline, I have a feeling in the future we will look at the F430 as a game-changing model, and we'll with time blending models we'll look to the Scud as the pioneer.

599 can meh - fantastic car I'm sure, but Toyota could have built that if they already knew they'd have customers waiting in line to spend the best part of a $1m on a car.

FXX - I don't even know much about Enzos - they look odd but strangely cool, however I can't vote on this car cos I don't know it, only that it wouldn't figger in my top ten.

But really - I don't know how Testarossa isn't #1 or close to it - Daytona, 308, 246 are all up there for me - but I have limited appreciation of the "real" cars.  You need to ask my mistress about those.

edit: btw - was tootling about in Goob's glass 308 today - man what a freakin great car!  But still, I think he likes the GT4 more - it's just more of a "driver's" car, it somehow feels better.

Offline Aircon

edit: btw - was tootling about in Goob's glass 308 today - man what a freakin great car!  But still, I think he likes the GT4 more - it's just more of a "driver's" car, it somehow feels better.

as much as i bagged GT4s since they came out, both the 308s are excellent cars to drive.....but a commodore would leave you for dead. if that matters, it's not the car for you. they always look seriously cool.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

as much as i bagged GT4s since they came out, both the 308s are excellent cars to drive.....but a commodore would leave you for dead. if that matters, it's not the car for you. they always look seriously cool.

Pottering about town today I really don't think anyone cared if we could drag off a Pulsar - we did our bit for the environment by making it prettier, the car helped too.

Offline Modeler

Certainly not even close to the ten I'd pick for my garage if the fairy godmother gave me a free go.

Offline Aircon

Certainly not even close to the ten I'd pick for my garage if the fairy godmother gave me a free go.

what 10 ferraris would you pick?