Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
It must have been resprayed darker and had the Cavallino removed from the boot. (ok I thought they must have been different, I started this reply while I was doing my research and you posted that they were different cars before I finished)

So I did some research.
Very interesting article here http://www.ferraris-online.com/pages/article.php?reqart=SCM_200504_SS from the US, on conversions. Its interesting that conversions are considered more valuable than an original car. In most collectors circles a convertible made from a coupe would devalue its worth as a collectable because its not original but the 365 appears to include a percentage of the cost of conversion in its value. Probably because so many were done when they were still quite new.

Id personally never convert a 365 coupe to a Spider.  Turns out they made three 365 Targa's as well. http://www.mariobernardi.de/mario-bernardi/english/cars-for-sale/ferrari/1971-365-gts-4-detail/index.htm

I doubt you'd still be able to buy many, if any of the original parts used to do that conversion today.
I come from the Hot Rod world where If I was ever going to convert one I'd do it myself with a friend that is an old style coachbuilder for the price of the parts and some cash in his back pocket. He has previously offered to hand shape a perfect aluminium replica Cobra body for me, thats the kind of work he does. It would be interesting to see what a self employed coach builder would charge for that job. They're normally very expensive but even at $150 an hour I wonder how many hours it would take to do the job and how much the parts would cost. If you went to a Ferrari authorised crash shop Im sure they'd start talking at $120k up.

Ah, such a timely topic.

Reckon your guy would be willing to look at chopping the top off a Ferrari 456?
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Ah, such a timely topic.

Would make a sweet Ute.

Offline allanuber

meh, i want unique boulevard cruising style, not weekend tip trip class.

C'mon, do it!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Ah, such a timely topic.

I'll chase him up this week for ya.
Got a few people i know that would do this kind of work. Possibly someone in Sydney as well.

Offline allanuber

I'll chase him up this week for ya.
Got a few people i know that would do this kind of work. Possibly someone in Sydney as well.

Suhweet, will lend you the finished result for a weekend if it all comes together  :)

Appreciate the contacts.
C'mon, do it!

Offline fivesix

Suhweet, will lend you the finished result for a weekend if it all comes together

You mean "comes apart"! :p

Offline allanuber

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I reckon a good guy could do a nice job and actually add some value to the car.....

Good idea uberman, go for it!

Offline allanuber

I reckon a good guy could do a nice job and actually add some value to the car.....

Good idea uberman, go for it!

HAZZAH! Finally an uber project with the FF tick of approval. Never thought I'd see the day  :)

BTW spannerman - the Ultima's had some work done in it by Kebab's mates - engine dyno'd at about 300 rwhp, looking for 400ish post rebuild. Clearly it needed more powers.
C'mon, do it!

Offline dkabab

meh, i want unique boulevard cruising style, not weekend tip trip class.

you're in luck.... i saved these photos a long time ago. mob overseas does it.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Off Topic ] What do you do with the luggage in your Ferrari? mrodrigo Today at 04:29
[ Off Topic ] Sydney restaurant recommendations cel Yesterday at 22:45
[ Cars ] HEARING AIDS cjay Yesterday at 19:44
[ Off Topic ] The SA BS thread dkabab Yesterday at 19:22
[ Cars ] Maserati Gransport Keys dodger Yesterday at 19:06
[ Cars ] Spotted thread jmillard308 Yesterday at 18:57
[ Lamborghini ] Huracan Performante shack Yesterday at 18:35
[ BMW M Power ] BMW 8 Series Concept JPG Yesterday at 18:33
[ Maserati Videos ] Maserati Granturismo used as BAIT Car! Paulstar Yesterday at 14:49
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] Jokes PA Yesterday at 12:55