Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
How would you ensure it was stlil registerable.

In NSW needs an engineer to inspect and bless the plans.
C'mon, do it!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Here's another idea for the speed humps.

Make them removable so theyre quite big and cover the back seat when you want it as a two seater and take them off when you want 4 seats and possibly have some smaller humps that suit it as a 4 seater.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

In NSW needs an engineer to inspect and bless the plans.

Sounds like a great project, any idea of cost ?

Offline allanuber

Sounds like a great project, any idea of cost ?

afuser seems to be reflecting my guess ... 50K ish without a folding roof, but with a sculpted rear and potentially the opening out of the rear seats a bit.

I have a 456, auto, import ... so although it's lovely to drive it's worth about 17c and a wheat bix as a trade. May as well turn it into something that I'd love driving every time I took it out.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Here's another idea for the speed humps.

Make them removable so theyre quite big and cover the back seat when you want it as a two seater and take them off when you want 4 seats and possibly have some smaller humps that suit it as a 4 seater.

Oh, oh, what was the other thing that did that????????

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

afuser seems to be reflecting my guess ... 50K ish without a folding roof, but with a sculpted rear and potentially the opening out of the rear seats a bit.

I have a 456, auto, import ... so although it's lovely to drive it's worth about 17c and a wheat bix as a trade. May as well turn it into something that I'd love driving every time I took it out.

Thats a lot but what I expected, as long as it's done without compromise you'll be rewarded whenever you decide to sell it.
The quality of the conversion is the key but full marks for the idea. :thumbsup:

Offline allanuber

Thats a lot but what I expected, as long as it's done without compromise you'll be rewarded whenever you decide to sell it.
The quality of the conversion is the key but full marks for the idea. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Only doing it as it's likely to never be sold. I'm doubtful 456's will ever be collectible - 4 seater Ferrari's are the pits for resale - automatic being the worst. It's a fine car and better kept as a special cruiser (for me at least) rather than dumping it.
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

Oh, oh, what was the other thing that did that????????

I don't want to know about what you're thinking of that has large humps to the rear.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Not often a thread goes off track and stays this much on the track that it went off to.

Gonna make rethreading really easy.