Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
Rumor has it that Doncaster in Melbourne (Not familiar with that dealer) bought that car but its still in Adelaide BMW

Offline mtarone

Rumor has it that Doncaster in Melbourne (Not familiar with that dealer) bought that car but its still in Adelaide BMW

Doncaster has the same owner as Adelaide BMW (Vin Keane), so I imagine they would be very open to selling it locally rather than having to transport it.

Offline dkabab

this is CJR's old 599

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Doncaster has the same owner as Adelaide BMW (Vin Keane), so I imagine they would be very open to selling it locally rather than having to transport it.

A-ha. Now it all makes sense.  They plan to ship it to Melbourne where there are more retail buyers for something like this. 

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

if the prices are in the low 200s (like the black one at Adelaide BMW) that becomes almost the same price as the Americans pay for their second hand 599s so its a bargain. That's what prices of these cars should be and not 600-700k even when new. Plus don't forget we pay higher income taxes than the US so we really work hard to own our exotics.
Careful or you will start sounding like Lord Mulch.

Offline mtarone

A-ha. Not it all makes sense.  They plan to ship it to Melbourne where there are more retail buyers for something like this.

Unless we can convince Alvin otherwise  :gnasher:

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
You even modify the 2008+ models to HGTE status. Requires TCU and ECU upgrades.

Gearshifts will be faster 100 ms (which is already blindingly fast) to 85 ms.
It can perform multiple automatic downshifts by pulling and holding down the left paddle just like in a Formula 1 car. Just listen in the next F1 race when the drivers are slowing down assisted with progressive downshifted engine braking into a corner and you will know what I am talking about.

Mine is a late 07 so I can't upgrade the TCU/ECU.

But www.formuladynamics.com is working on a TCU upgrade that will enable the F1 superfast 100ms grarshifts to be available at every rev range not just above 5000 rpm in the standard car. They already have this upgrade for the Maserati Grandturismo S MC-Shift. Only costs about $2,000 which is very reasonable.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Unless we can convince Alvin otherwise  :gnasher:

LOL!!! need the TT gone first then possibly work out how to give her majesty back her garage space!! I think I need to research purchasing another shipping container for temporary storage!  :doh:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
You even modify the 2008+ models to HGTE status. Requires TCU and ECU upgrades.

Gearshifts will be faster 100 ms (which is already blindingly fast) to 85 ms.
It can perform multiple automatic downshifts by pulling and holding down the left paddle just like in a Formula 1 car. Just listen in the next F1 race when the drivers are slowing down assisted with progressive downshifted engine braking into a corner and you will know what I am talking about.

Mine is a late 07 so I can't upgrade the TCU/ECU.

But formuladynamics is working on a TCU upgrade that will enable the F1 superfast 100ms grarshifts to be available at every rev range not just above 5000 rpm in the standard car. They already have this upgrade for the Maserati Grandturismo S MC-Shift. Only costs about $2,000 which is very reasonable.
so which model onwards has the quicker "HGTE" shifts? and between 07 to 08 - is there much difference?
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
LOL!!! need the TT gone first then possibly work out how to give her majesty back her garage space!! I think I need to research purchasing another shipping container for temporary storage!  :doh:

I think you need to have a chat to John K about lifting the roof on your back little shed to fit a couple more in