Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Tesla & Ferrari
Before I outlay for a complete new kit, I should at least ask if you chaps know of any decent second hand Tubi (or other comparative ) systems. I'm chasing a system that will enhance the sound, without dronning on when driving on long trips and annoying the neighbours every time I warm her up
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Stock or one of those remote controlled valve systems. All exhausts I have come across that are louder than stock always drone to a certain extent on low revs (eg highway driving).  Unless you are doing interstate runs I doubt the drone will get on your nerves too much, a 360 drone is much much better than the average fully hektik Honda civic drone that every P plater seems to have with a catback system.

Have you tried just opening up the stock exhaust valves and see if you like that before changing exhausts? Worth a try as it takes no time and costs nothing to do and is reversable.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Yep, keep the original
My tubi is loud, especially on warm up.....and early in the morning it echos down the street....
Sounds like you want to keep the original, any after market will be way louder than your original on idle and low in the rev range
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline vegas

Have you tried just opening up the stock exhaust valves and see if you like that before changing exhausts? Worth a try as it takes no time and costs nothing to do and is reversable.
[/quote]

Yeah mate I did this, it sounds louder, but I don;t really like the tone of it. I also think it affected the bottom end torque a bit - I could be imagining that.

I want to go for a valved system, so I can limit it when I need to ie when Mr Constable is around.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Yeah mate I did this, it sounds louder, but I don;t really like the tone of it. I also think it affected the bottom end torque a bit - I could be imagining that.

I want to go for a valved system, so I can limit it when I need to ie when Mr Constable is around.

Cops have no Idea, i've never had any problems with noise from exotics, and the Gallardo is 100 times louder than any 360 on full throttle.   Had a Nissan that was much less loud than a stock 360 with valves open and always had issues with cops and their defect notices as they know how loud it should be. They have no idea how loud exotics should be.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline vegas

Cops have no Idea, i've never had any problems with noise from exotics, and the Gallardo is 100 times louder than any 360 on full throttle.   Had a Nissan that was much less loud than a stock 360 with valves open and always had issues with cops and their defect notices as they know how loud it should be. They have no idea how loud exotics should be.

Good point

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
Good point

Pal of mine with a 360 + Tubi had the cops pull him over just to listen to it as they thought it sounded great.
They wanted him to take off giving it stick so they could enjoy it.
Go figure!!! Would never happen to me with the pricks.

He also said the Tubi drone gets on his nerves on runs to the Gold Coast (60 mins) but enjoys it in undercover shopping centre carparks as it sets all the car alarms off. Some people never grow up...... :doh:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Pal of mine with a 360 + Tubi had the cops pull him over just to listen to it as they thought it sounded great.
They wanted him to take off giving it stick so they could enjoy it.
Go figure!!! Would never happen to me with the pricks.

He also said the Tubi drone gets on his nerves on runs to the Gold Coast (60 mins) but enjoys it in undercover shopping centre carparks as it sets all the car alarms off. Some people never grow up...... :doh:

Ferrari needs the Underground carpark to set off car allarms. A lambo does it in the open air  :D

I've never been caught, I doubt a 360 will get done for the sound alone. Unless you are extremely unlucky or have been "HOONING"!
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline vegas

Well... not wanting to do things by half (as usual)- I've gone and purchased a complete Kreissieg Ultimate system - with remote value operation. While, reviewing all the websites, I really liked the high quality Kreissieg finish (polished stainless muffler and titanium exhaust tips) - but best of all was the high pitched F1 scream. I checked with a few of owners (here, UK and US) and they all love the system - it's very loud and very F1 sounding - but a deciding factor was that that it can also be significantly muted when on 'silent' mode, so, the system should provide the best of both worlds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06RkbWcNklY

I think they are overpriced ($10.5 K USD + fitting), but they are also very unique sounding.
Of course the most important thing is to be able to set of car alarms in the open - just to compete with Wattens... yup some people never grow up!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Growing up is over rated.

Congrats on the purchase, with the remote it will be fine. I think the kres exhaust is the better sounding one as well. That f1 sound is great
Enjoying Life!!!!