Offline HWHL

Great Run.

Bathurst is a great place.

The incline of the cutting, the dipper, the esses and forest elbow is intimidating.
I was at the end of the fence at Forest Elbow in November many years back and someone came into the elbow running along the outside wall at great speed. That was the end of his race.

See any bears in the woods with picnic sets? They tend to ruin a great day out.

We need other forum members to post any great drives they do.

I want to do a south-east Queeensland run in late January. Going north, up to Yarraman via ESK then come back and enjoy the Blackbutt ranges going down and then through Kilcoy to Woodford, Beerwah, Landsborough then Malaney.

The route may change and I will post the results once done.

Thanks
We are going to do a Tassie run hopefully in Feb or March next year, I think the West Coast and the run from Queenstown to Hobart through Derwent Bridge should be awesome in the car. the last few years we have gone over on the bikes, so it will be good not having a back pack on :-)

Offline Cuso

We need other forum members to post any great drives they do.

Did a round trip from Canberra to Melbourne over 3 days recently. Had to go down and pick up a display cabinet and bar fridge as a result of the furniture I got from my grans house post her passing in Feb. so Day 2 and 3 were a bit tight behind the wheel.

Day 1: Canberra to Mornington via Cooma and Orbost, great flowing roads from Canberra to VIC border, then it tightened up all the way to the coast, took a few of the tourist drives along the coast until the freeway, then I used the stupid navam and it took me on gravel roads fromt he freeway to destination!
Day 2: Mornington to Albury via Kinglake, Yea and joined freeway at Euroa, nice roads thorugh the start, freeways make me sleepy.
Day 3: Albury to Canberra, attempted to go via Cooma to get back but no mobile reception and a stupid navman kept taking me on tracks (grass down the middle) in the end it took me 2.5 hours to go from Albury to Holbrook!

Will try to find that route again one day.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Would've been a nice drive, good on you for getting away. Gotta try convince my missus to get in the Ferrari and come for a drive, she hates it. All in all, 4.43 around the mountain, not a bad effort schuey.... :thumbsup:
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline 98octane

I just returned from 5 days near Crackenback.  The Alpine Way between Jindabyne and Khancoban is a brilliant drive. About 1.5 hours of twisty scenic driving, plus some rock cuttings for aural pleasure. I also loved the Murray Valley Highway east of Tallangatta and the road from Jindabyne to Charlotte Pass.  Look forward to returning for some proper driving :burnout: